What's new

MASH Question (1 Viewer)

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed on the DVD season boxed sets that there is an option to view them with or without a laugh track. Is there a way to find out which episodes were originally broadcast with the laugh track and which ones wasn't? I remember seeing some reruns with AND without and would like to be able to view these episodes as they were originally broadcast. Can anyone help?

- Randy

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about a list, but this is what I do know. There is an episode in season 3 (1 of my favorites actually) that takes place entirely in the OR. This was recorded without a laugh track, because it was policy to not use the laugh track whenever they were working in the OR, at least that was an explanation I had been given. So on this episode there is no audio track with the laugh track on it.

I can't think of any others that didn't have 1, well I'm not sure but the interview might not have had one and that is from season 4, but I don't listen to the tracks with the laugh track anyway so I wouldn't know.

Jim Pattison

Stunt Coordinator
My understanding was that the producers always wanted to air the show without a laugh track, but were forced to add one by the network. I recall hearing that the show did air in England without the laugh track. The DVDs give North American audiences their first chance to watch the show as it was originally intended - 20 years after the fact.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Some of the last-season episodes air in syndication without the laugh track, although I think it was in there originally.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
"Sometimes You Hear The Bullet" plus the two "Interview" episodes aired without laugh tracks. I also think the "dream" episode (not on DVD yet) had no laugh track.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I saw one on TV a few days ago without a laugh track. The whole episode was seen through the eyes of one of the patients. (I don't know the name of the episode or what season it was from, though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks