Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Fess Parker Daniel Boone series

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#101 of 103 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted March 08 2007 - 03:28 PM

April 24,2007 is the release date listed for Daniel Boone Season 3 at Critic's Choice. They are also showing two stand-alone releases for April 3rd, the two-parters from S1 and S2, "Cain's Birthday" and "High Cumberland".

#102 of 103 OFFLINE   Professor_Echo

Professor_Echo

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted March 24 2007 - 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR
The third episode on the second disc, "The Family Fluellen" has what appears to be horrible compression artifacts..some of the worst I've ever seen. Check out the first two chapters and look at the backgrounds...it looks like a bad mpeg.
Yes, I couldn't figure out what was wrong! On my widescreen tv everyone looks squashed, but it's not 16x9. It's the only episode I've seen so far with that problem, but it is very very distracting. I'm surprised more people haven't posted about that here. Is it an isolated problem or is no one watching these dvds?

In addition, the following episode, MY BROTHER'S KEEPER, as has been posted elsewhere on HTF (without response) is obviously missing footage. There is an abrupt cut near the end that would never have been left in a network presentation.

Incidentally, to the poster above who said that the series THE DEPUTY was unique for a western series because it used a jazz score, you are mistaking it for another series. SHOTGUN SLADE is the western show that used a jazz score, not THE DEPUTY.

#103 of 103 OFFLINE   Boonefan

Boonefan

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 20 2007 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gu
April 24,2007 is the release date listed for Daniel Boone Season 3 at Critic's Choice. They are also showing two stand-alone releases for April 3rd, the two-parters from S1 and S2, "Cain's Birthday" and "High Cumberland".

The two-parters are out, but the release date for Season 3 has been postponed by 2 weeks to allow time to replace defective discs. One vendor jumped the gun on shipping and some customers got theirs more than two weeks before the street date. They're the ones who let us know about the 6th disc being unreadable.

Liberation hopes to have most of the defective sets replaced by the new street date. They're setting up a site where people who have a defective set can contact them to arrange for replacement.

The new street date is May 8th. DanielBooneTV.com has details.

Karen D.

"...with an eye like an eagle and as tall as a mountain was he!"

Forum Nav Content I Follow