What's new

Star Wars Battlefront (1 Viewer)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
With little over a month before release, and pre-orders available, I can't find any minimum and/or recommended hardware requirements for this game. I'm assuming it won't be as taxing as Doom 3, but I'd like to know where my hardware stands before I plunk down the $$$.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Give the man a cigar. :)

Yep, it's a first person shooter with plenty of vehicles & heavy artillery. Fight the Battle of Hoth and man a snowspeeder or an AT-AT walker or one of those turrets.

On Endor, you can kill the Ewoks! :D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
It's not multiplayer enough. I'd be more interested if they could handle hundreds of players in a battle. They should call it Star Wars Minor Altercations.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I don't know,

I've played BF 1942 with just a couple dozen and it seems to me like all hell is breaking loose.

Brad_Harper

Stunt Coordinator
If you have too many people in the multiplayer it makes it way less fun. In BF1942 when 30+ people are playing sometimes you can't take 2 steps without dying. Repeat that process for 5 mins and you get very very frustrated. Limiting the multiplayer to 32 on PC seems like a good idea. I am suprised though that 32 people can't play on the Xbox or PS2 versions. Maybe the hardware can't handle that many.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I like playing on servers with 32 people on it. Its what I call a "target-rich environment"! Of course its a double edge sword, many for u to kill and many of them to kill u.:D

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
There was a little review in Electronic Gaming(I think that was the mag)that I just got. There were three reviewers, 2 gave it 8 and one gave it a 9. I think the one main grip was choppiness online even when there were few players. I was really looking forward to this game I think I'll wait now to see what others have to say.

Ken H

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
There is now a review up at ign.com. It seemed more like a review on the single player game though.

Ken H

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Even if this game totally sucks,(which I don't think it will) Anything that lets me kill ewoks gets a A+ in my book.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Hmmm...that review didnt help me as much as I thought it would. Im still on edge here on whether or not to buy the game (Xbox). Any other reviews?

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Local game store had this on the shelves today. The requirements didn't look too high....if I remember, as long as you CPU is around 1.5 GHz and your video card is on the level of a GeForce2 MX, you should be good to go. Looks like this game was designed with consoles in mind and then polished for a PC release.

JamesED

Second Unit
The best part of the TV commercials running definately has to be an Ewok getting sniped then flipping through the air.

Sean Eldridge

Second Unit

Well, that's kind of fitting considering that a major portion of the game(if not the only mode people will play) is online. And Nintendo doesn't have interest in expanding into that territory.

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks