Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

SECONDHAND LIONS: Dual layer or not?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted February 04 2004 - 03:52 AM

hi,

I have 2 copies, 1 is dual layer GOLD, and the other is silver.

can anyone explain?

thanks

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   JasenP

JasenP

Screenwriter

• 1,286 posts

Posted February 04 2004 - 06:38 AM

That used to be the way to tell, it's no longer a rule but more of a guideline.

The rental copy I picked up yesterday had both widescreen and full frame versions on one side and the extras were on the other side of the disk. Incidentally, both sides were gold in colour.

You know, Fred, if you keep your sense of humor like you do, you just might make it.

The Archive

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor

• 506 posts

Posted February 04 2004 - 06:44 AM

In short not all dual layered DVD's are gold anymore.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   WilliamG

WilliamG

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted February 20 2004 - 03:43 PM

Just when this thread had gathered a thin layer of dust, I found a need to "bring it to the top" again. I rented this disc tonight and just finished watching it. Flipped it over to watch the extras, and it would not play in my machine. I have a Panasonic RP-56. When the tray closes, it seems like it's having trouble reading it ..."click-click" .."click-click" a couple of times. Then the spin up sound and nothing. I tried ejecting and replacing. THEN the little clip of Haley Joel Osment getting out of the car segueing to the Special Features screen. I then selected "Deleted/Alternate Scenes". And then the thing just locked up. I still had the Special Features screen, but the buttons would not respond and nothing played. Has anyone had trouble like this on this disc? Again, the movie side played fine; but the extras- no go! Is this yet another player-specific problem?
Thanks!