What's new

Eating Raoul in April...from Columbia? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
From dvdfile.com:

Well, I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but why is Eating Raoul now a Columbia title? 20th Century Fox released it in theatres and to video.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
"Oh I think it's more Spanish....." :D

Anybody taking bets on OAR or MAR from CTS/TS?

I might have to beat somebody over the head with a frying pan if it's MAR.....:laugh:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Cheap too, Cdn$16, I'm "in" already. Every time somebody here mentions The Little Shop of Horrors I think of Eating Raoul (for reasons I'm not totally sure of, may have first seen them on TV as a double feature), so it was only last week that I was again moaning the lack of DVD treatment for this title.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
Whenever I think of this movie am I reminded of the Voyager two parter in which Ed Begley Jr. guest stared on. :D

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering the same thing, Matt! In fact, this is one of the titles I inquired about in the chat with Peter Staddon of Fox last month, and he simply stated there were no plans on a release. It originally was released under the Bartel Film/Fox Classics/Virgin label, so maybe Columbia got the rights to some of these films?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This issue confused me, too...but I was very happy to see the pre-announcement notice show up. According to that, and everything else I saw, it is 100% anamorphic widescreen. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jodee

Screenwriter
I am really excited about this. I saw this once on VHS and the quality was really crappy. I am hoping the DVD looks a lot better and I am relieved Columbia is at least issuing widescreen.

I had also thought this was a Fox title. I wonder what other "Fox titles" Columbia might have?

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
I'm liking that cover-art actually....

This is fantastic news a must-buy for me. One of the funniest movies around.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
EATING RAOUL was originally made for the defunct Quartet Films company, a '70's era indie that mostly handled foreign films. At the last minute, Fox, who was trying to start moving into art films (They had released PIAF and the restored THE LEOPARD under "20th Century Fox International Classics"), picked up the rights and released it in theatres and on tape.

I can only surmise their longtime license expired, and the rights went to whomever inherited the Quartet library.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I just looked a little closer at the cover art -- on the spine, it has the logo of Destination Films, the fallen company that apparently Sony has kept alive for certain anime and cult titles. FEAR OF A BLACK HAT had that logo on their DVD release as well.

Hmmm...curious.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Great news! :D

I love this film. I can finally get rid of
my VHS version.

"Great! Trigger likes you already!" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks