What's new

Questions on older Alpine 3523 amp. (1 Viewer)

I want to run an older Alpine 3523 2 channel amp for my subs but need help with the hook up. My questions would be;
1. Can I go RCA sub/pre out from my Alpine head unit and into the RCA in's on the 3523 and bypass the older style (molex?) input?
2. Can I "jump" a "remote on" wire from my new Alpine 4 channel amp which runs four 5 1/4" full range speakers?
3. How would I bridge the 3523 to run two Kicker 6x9 mid bass in a custom sub cabinet. I see a variable/fixed switch and a stereo/mono.
Thanks in advance, Mike.

Denton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Denton
I owned an amp from this series. Let me see how good my memory is.

1)Yes, you can go direct to the RCA inputs.

2)Assuming that the only items you have your remote lead connected to are the two amps, yes, you can "jump" the remote lead from the other amp.

3)I do not recall which speaker terminals are used when this amp is bridged. But you don't want to run the 2 Kickers off it in bridged mode anyway as the impedance will be too low. You CAN run the Kickers in stereo.

The switch would be set to mono if the amp were bridged. The fixed/variable setting will need to be set to variable. In those days, the typical head unit put out about 0.5 volts on the RCA outs. The fixed setting probably assumes that level. The variable setting is likely to work better with a more recent head unit, probably set for its highest input voltage.

Thank you Denton. For now, this is my "sub system". Two Kicker 6x9 mid Bass speakers in this box http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14942 driven by that 3523 Alpine amp and controled by a newer Alpine head unit with sub/pre out's. I figure I can hack the top off of this box and redo it for two 8" subs in the future. Ya pays ya money, ya takes ya chances. Wish me luck! Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks