What's new

West Wing Season 2 announced! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 news!

May 18th! Gord just posted cover art and details and everything!

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! (Dances around the room naked!)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Cool. I guess I better get off my arse and watch the first season then!

All these TV shows I just cannot keep up anymore!!

Thanks for the info Dave

Greg

Brian_L_Kleis

Stunt Coordinator
oh my lord oh my lord oh my lord...

SO FREAKIN HAPPY!!!!!!

Ok, I'm about to do one of those stupid little Nathan Lane screams, please stop me...

More CJ, more Sam... Just more SORKIN!!!

EEEEEE!!!:D :D :D

Too late...

If I wasn't at work, I'd be dancing naked too...

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Too many shows coming out in May! This, Gilmore Girls, Buffy got moved there, probably Smallville.

Not that I'm not happy, it's just hard to pick them all up for the best price when they come out so close together!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I also sometimes have trouble keeping up with all the new TV shows on DVD, but the West Wing is not a problem. I can't get enough of it. The only reason I haven't seen all of season 1 yet is because my girlfriend won't let me watch it without her -- and because I happen to know there is a cliffhanger and I want to hold out for season 2 as long as possible.

Good news! More TV on DVD is always good news!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Who cares what else is coming out in May (except for Freaks & Geeks; that still ranks high), this automatically gets pushed to the top of my priorities list. Arguably the best season of one of my 3 favorite shows of all time. Great news!

The art looks almost exactly the same (except for the gold color)! Yeah, the cast picture is different but that's not very noticeable right off.

Warner is the studio to beat in 2004 so far. If not overall, then at least in terms of TV on DVD. If only they'd release Kung Fu and Dukes of Hazzard in OAR!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Dane, I've been assured by Warner Bros that Kung Fu was shot with widescreen in mind...or at least it was shot safe for widescreen. They aren't just randomly making these things WS for fun....which explains with "The Waltons" will be 1.33:1, as it was shot for that ratio only.

Just passing along the message from them...and the reasons why we're seeing some shows released that way.

Gord

Warner is quickly becoming the top studio for tv on dvd (though they are still narrowly beat out by Fox). I would like to see other studios learn from their example

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
So did they start shooting in 16:9 with this season? I heard somewhere it was the 3rd but I could be wrong. This must be a relief for those first experiencing the show on DVD as now we know we will know

"Who's been hit".

This has become my favorite television show ever. No other art form has entertained me more. To this day one of the funniest things I've ever seen is the whole "Secret plan to fight inflation" segment from Celestial Navigation. From CJ coming in and explaining "I haa roo cana" to Toby stating "As much as we'd love nothing more than to watch you beat the living crap out of Josh" I don't think I've been more entertained by anything else. Truly one of the greatest shows ever made.

And for the life of me I cannot find anyone under the age of 35 who's interested in the show. Has anyone else had this experience? Though I suppose a show about the senior communications staff operating out of the West Wing of the White House doesn't exactly sound amazing.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I'm under 35 (barely) and I have several friends under 35 that are avid fans as well. I loaned season one to a co-worker and he was on pins and needles waiting to see how the cliffhanger was resolved (the two-part season two opener was a stroke of brilliance.) He'll be quite relieved to learn he only has three more months to wait.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Ditto. So when it was first broadcast I was around 31-32?

As an aside I suppose I should get rid of my R2 sets ASAP, before the release of the R1 S2 "devalues" the R2 S2.

Of course, out here I'm now only watching season 4 on local TV (Arctic Radar was shown on Monday); we're typically a season behind you guys. What is really really annoying is that because of the limited viewership in this danged country, "The Best TV Show Ever!" is shown at the ungodly hour of 12.30 a.m. Humph.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much everyone at my work watches it.

Of course, I work at Parliament here in NZ, and everyone here is a political junkie, so that's probably not too surprising.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

You're absolutely correct: season three was the first to be shot using 16:9 widescreen. I'm kinda surprised that the stats have season two listed as being widescreen, but it could just been an error on their part. It was definitely shot for 4:3, aired as 4:3, and airs as 4:3 on the Bravo syndicated reruns. Season two has never been shown in any other ratio than 4:3, and it would be silly if the DVD decided to change that without a really, really, really, really good reason.

Season two has a wealth of great episodes, from the excellent two-part opener to wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas episode, a very tightly constructed running plotline, and a season finale that has again and again been cited as one of the best episodes of television ever.

I'm surprised this release is coming so soon after the first set, but I couldn't be happier!

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

Sadly, curiousity in collaboration with the internet spoiled the show for the cat. I have not seen any episodes of TWW beyond the Season 2 two part premiere but I know of this. I don't know how it happens, when it happens or why it happens though. My question is is there any other shockers or surprises within Season 2 I haven't spoiled for myself yet?

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

I just turned 23, which is old enough to realize that basically everything Aaron Sorkin touches turns to gold.

Julia*D

Agent

I'm 22 and was started on the show by a friend of mine who is my age. She also got me to watch Sports Night... there's another show I adore.

Season 2 of TWW is fantastic -- the two part season premiere still gives me chills. And there's a ton of great eps this season: "Galileo", "Noel", and the whole end of season arc. I am so excited to get this set!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks