-

Photo
- - - - -

Any Larisa Stow DVD-A fans?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Wes

Wes

Screenwriter

• 1,188 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 06:33 PM

I have not heard Larisa's music but from reviewers it sounds as if I might like her but you might help me for sure before I order the disc.

Other artists I like are Alison Krauss, Amiee Mann and Pat Benatar, what I can tell by reading Larisa is a combo of these to a degree, would you agree?

Wes
My Theater Web Site:
www.prosteering.8k.com

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Brian Glaeske

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted February 03 2004 - 03:43 PM

I would pretty much agree with the characterization of Larisa's music. I really like the DTS CD.

Knock yourself out and go buy it.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Wes

Wes

Screenwriter

• 1,188 posts

Posted February 03 2004 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the reply, Is there a DTS CD and a DVD-A disc or are the all on the same disc?

Wes
My Theater Web Site:
www.prosteering.8k.com

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   LanceJ

LanceJ

Producer

• 3,168 posts

Posted February 03 2004 - 06:20 PM

I only heard one of Larisa's songs on a DTS Entertainment dvd-audio sampler disc, but she sounds sort of country-ish but with rock elements thrown in (and I DON'T mean the processed pop/country crap that corporate radio plays). She has a powerful, distinctive voice but what I liked best was the lyrics--kind of quirky, almost like she was talking to the listener. That one song reminds me of Emmy Lou Harris' album Wrecking Ball.

Larisa Stow's Moment By Moment on dvd-audio

If I was able to right now, this is one disc I would take a chance on buying just based on that one song I heard.

LJ