-

Photo
- - - - -

Friends Season 6--Disc 1 skipping

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   ChrisC

ChrisC

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 05:38 AM

Hi there. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me.
On Disc 1 of Friends season 6, about halfway through "The One Where Joey Loses His Insurance", the disc will skip about 5 seconds, then continue normally for about 2 minutes, then skip again. This happens about 3 times.

At first I thought it was a bad layer transition, but it happened multiple times. I exchanged the set, and my new copy is doing the exact same thin in the exact same place.

I am ruling out the player because I'm not having this trouble with any other discs, including ones in the same Friends.

If anyone has an idea of what might be going on here, or if you have had the same problem yourself, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks.

Chris

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 05:58 AM

Can you give an exact disc time this happened? I will gladly check my disc, but don't remember this happening.

Chris

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   ChrisC

ChrisC

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 06:03 AM

I can get a more exact time later, but it's at about 12 minutes into the episode. If you watch the episodes back to back, it's at 1hr 19min when the trouble started.

The scene is at the end of Ross's lecture (with his British accent) and Monica and Rachel are there and another Professor starts to talk to Ross. I miss what the professor says due to the skip. This is the start of the skipping.

Is it possible that my local store got a batch of defective discs? Thanks for your assistance.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,376 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 12:01 PM

No problems here.

It might help if you told us what player you have.

Chris

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 12:04 PM

I just got this today, and I will watch it later and let you know if I have any problem.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait

Screenwriter

• 2,187 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 04:44 PM

I watched the first three discs of Season 6 today and I didn't have any problems whatsoever.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 10:11 PM

Update, I went through the whole first disc, and had no problems at all.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   ChrisC

ChrisC

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted February 03 2004 - 04:28 AM

Just for reference, it is a cheap 2 year old APEX player I'm using (my roommate bought it so I can't complain, I wouldn't have bought that brand!)

The only reason I thought it was the disc and not the player was that I have had no trouble with any other discs. At the same time, I could easily see why the player might be causing the problem.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted February 03 2004 - 07:28 AM

No problems with mine, and I watched that disc on my cheap Mintek player. Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?