What's new

Lighting Control (1 Viewer)

DanielH

Auditioning
When building a HT from scratch if I wanted to have control over dimming lights with a remote, what are some of the things i would need to do during the construction phase of the room, anything special ? Or just a special conrtol switch and a remote ?

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
you can try x10 or lutron spacers, there are other options but some can quickly get very costly...

IMHO the x10 system performs way too slow to be considered, but you might try it once... you can set up macros and do complex stuff using your pc, i tried it didn't like it...

The lutron spacer system comes in two flavors the spacer dimmer switches and the spacer system.

The spacer switches are available at homedepot for about 50 bucks each and each come with an IR remote. You can dim them all the way off or all the way on and you can set one preset. If you have more than one relay of lights and more than one dimmer in a wall gang box, then you can create one scene, by setting the presets on all switches to the "scene"... I say only one scene because the switches will all respond to the same IR signal... so when you hit the button on your remote for the preset scene, all the switches will go to their preset level...

The spacer "system" looks exactly the same as spacer switches, but each dimmer can remember 4 preset scenes and the remote has four buttons, 1 for each scene.

hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks