What's new

Three's Co & Green Acres Complaints (1 Viewer)

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I was thrilled when I saw that Three's Company was going to be released on DVD as this is one of my favorite shows. However, and I hope I'm not the only one that noticed this, it sounded like the theme song has been remixed on the season 1 discs. I am a purist and as with anything else I decide to collect, I want to see and hear it exactly as it was seen and heard when it was first released.
As for the Green Acres season 1 set, can anyone tell me why MGM felt the need to tell us who they are before and after each and every episode? They also want us to know who they're associated with, who the manufacturers are, who this, who that, etc., etc. Granted you can skip over the long credits at the end of the episodes by hitting the menu button but we shouldn't have to. Hey MGM, we get it. Once is plenty.

- Randy

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
You are complaining because they left the credits for the show on DVD?!?!?! I would think that there is something contractual that would prevent them from ever cutting them. Besides, I think these people deserve to be recognized for their work.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I think the complaint has more to do the the MGM logos than the credits.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
If it takes MGM logos to get me the remaining five seasons of GREEN ACRES on DVD, then so be it. I'm thrilled just to have uncut episodes! Besides, it takes all of one second to go back to the menu.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think Randy is talking about the MGM studio and DVD manufacturers logos. With Green Acres, the MGM Lion roars before every episode, and the promo for the MGM website plays at the end of every episode. I'm also sort of annoyed by it, but it is a small price to pay to finally have the show on DVD.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The Green Acres discs certainly would have been better with a Play All button that only did the lion and the DVD credit info once per side, but yes, I never expected to get this show on DVD so I'm not complaining very hard. ;)

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
Are the Green Acres episodes that we are getting on this DVD set indeed uncut?

Also, on a related note, there are reports (over on DVDtalk.com) of missing scenes in more than one Lost in Space episode. Not good.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The GREEN ACRES are uncut, and run at least three minutes longer than the versions seen in syndication in recent years.

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
The few episodes I have watched from the set seemed short, and the running time did not seem consistent with that of a half-hour show (minus commercial breaks) in the mid 1960's. Also, did Green Acres episodes not have tag scenes?

I will attempt to quantify my observations in a followup. In the meantime, does anyone know how many commercial breaks were in a typical prime-time half-hour in 1965, where they were placed and how long each ran?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
All the episodes I've watched run about 25-26 minutes (to the end of "This has been a Filmways presentation, darling." Seems about right to me.

There've been a couple spots that seemed kind of odd when they faded to black before the scene ended (you can still hear the audio), but I figured that was a mistake made in original editing/filming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks