What's new

best projector (1 Viewer)

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
I am interested in a projector for the future maybe 1-2 years away,my question is will the technology be far more advanced by then and will the price of say a DLP drop big time?

the reason is 1.5 years back I bought my hd hitachi 53 inch tv( 4:3) it was $3800 canadian...with in 6 months they came out with the wide screen... price $3000..now they have DLP.....

what is the best projectors to get? DLP, LCD, hd?

Chester II

Stunt Coordinator
Dude,

In one to two years whatever is top-of-the-line today will be standard by then. The prices of ALL the technologies will fall. How much? dunno...
DLP vs. LCD? By 2006 you probably won't be able to tell any difference and there will be new technologies which are just coming out onto the market place. An answer today is worthless for the future. That's the way home theater works...How's the weather in Kanada?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Well ,let me forecast that in 2 years you would be looking at a minimum 1920x1080 native resolution projector, perhaps a 3 chip DLP with a contrast ratio around 5000:1, putting out 1500 ansi lumens and costing $3000 or therabouts. It will feature all the standard connections, composite, s-video, component, DVI.

dan scorpio

Stunt Coordinator
I will try to wait till then, if temptation does not give in...
any ways about the projection screens, do they have some that will roll up when not in use? the reason is i have a wall unit and a 53" tv in it... and when i watch dvd's i will simply just lower the screen... or have hooks
installed to the ceiling and then just go and hang it up

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
There are pulldown screens available, as well as the more expensive motorized screens. My last screen was a draper pulldown.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'd say go ahead and drop some cash on an X1 or Epson HL10. When the 1080p projectors hit the streets with competitive prices you'll have a reason to upgrade. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks