-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Busted KSW-12 - anybody know about the guts?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Seth_B

• 24 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 04:29 AM

Alright, I have about a year old Klipsch KSW-12 sub. I am not using it right now, but would like to keep it as a back-up or to possibly integrate it into a bedroom system some day. Anyway, there is a problem with the sub. I don't know how to explain this well, but I'll give it a shot. On the back of the sub is the port. When looking inside the port, there is a tube that is about the same size diameter as the port opening and about 6-7" long ...... rattling around loose inside the enclosure. What the heck is that tube? I assume that it was connected to the port opening from the inside at one time, but honestly, I don't know for sure. I don't think I ever really looked into the port opening before. I guess what I am wondering is where this tube is supposed to start and where it is supposed to end. I could take the woofer or amp off to try figure it out, but I figured some of the speaker-o-files here may be able to guide me a little bit. I am not sure how it got loose to begin with, but I assume it must have rattled loose sometime. Honestly, I never noticed the difference in sound quality when I was using it as my primary, but after testing again, I can definitely hear it rattling in there. I guess I am wondering why this tube is there to begin with. Maybe to decrease port noise? Thanks guys.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   TanT

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 05:16 AM

I think that tube is the extension of the port. They were glued together at one time.

What you'll need to do is open up the sub by removing the driver. You then can inspect and see if the 2 are suppose to be connected together.

You could also call Klipsch tech support for help Posted Image

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Kevin Stewart

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit

• 361 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted February 03 2004 - 04:11 PM

Where did you buy it? I bought mine from Tweeter and after over 1 year, it stopped working. I took it in and they exchanged it for a new one no questions asked. Stew
"the dream never dies, just the dreamer"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users