Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

It's Garry Shandlings Show?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Tanner

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 02:34 AM

Will we ever see It's Garry Shandlings Show on DVD? Definately one of my all time favorites.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   JasonPW

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 05:40 AM

I would buy that! Of course, I would also buy season two of "Larry Sanders" were it on the market...Posted Image
"We're a little late, folks...Goodnight!"

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   NeilK

NeilK

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 05:50 AM

In the case of the larry sanders show as well as a few other notable television programs which have made their way onto the dvd format, it is rather dissapointing when they release a season or two and then neglect the rest of the series (six feet under). These seasons are quite pricey (including sanders) and seem as an unwise investment if the distributors were to not follow up with the rest of the series. Having spent over nearly one hundred dollars on six feet under, i'm still anxiously waiting for at least an acknowledgment on the part of HBO, who are usually very impressive with respects to distributing their shows on DVD, albeit their high price tags (at least Curb was easily affordable).

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   JasonPW

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 06:04 AM

I couldn't agree with you more.

As happy as I am to have complete season one of Sanders, if I knew there was only going to be one release of this series, I'd have preferred a "Best-Of" containing firsts, lasts, bests. Same with "Mary Tyler Moore." If the series isn't going to be released to completion, I'd rather get a best-of than invest in a full season one set, only to be skunked.

It's strange, because this goes entirely against my usual way of thinking--I'm the first to complain when we get "best-ofs" instead of complete seasons. But first seasons of shows are sometimes not the best seasons...the writing isn't there, the performances are a little off.

On the whole, TV-to-DVD-mania has been a fantastic boon to old-TV fans and those who want to own current series...so the occassional aborted series is a small price to pay. But man is it irritating!

Doc
"We're a little late, folks...Goodnight!"

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,509 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 07:38 AM

Garry Shadling's Show was HYSTERICAL!!! and add Tracey Ullman to the list of DVD "oughta-be's"

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   NeilK

NeilK

Stunt Coordinator

• 54 posts

Posted March 01 2004 - 12:08 PM

at least six feet under and curb seasons 2 have been announced. Remember when Malcolm in the Middle S1 came out; seems as though Fox doesn't.

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted March 01 2004 - 12:52 PM

...this is the part, where I start to whistle...

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Alan Lee UK

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted June 26 2009 - 11:29 AM

It's Garry Shandling's Show DVD news: It's Garry Shandling's Show - The Complete Series | TVShowsOnDVD.com

It's coming...and a complete series set as well. I've recently watched season 1 having downloaded some off-air broadcasts and thought it was fantastic. I will be all over this set.

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 462 posts

Posted June 26 2009 - 12:43 PM

Alright!!!!! This show has been on my wish list with some other shows for quite a while! Can't wait til this is released!

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and look for clips or episodes on the net. This is great, laugh out loud, fun tv.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted June 26 2009 - 02:00 PM

Never even heard of this but I love The Larry Sanders Show--at least what Garry Shandling will allow them to release of it. Posted Image

It sounds pretty good, it might be worth looking into.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,103 posts

Posted June 26 2009 - 05:27 PM

I loved this show and its offbeat style. BUT i seriously doubt this will ever see the light of day since Larry Sanders apparently did so badly. If Garry's highest profile series didn't sell then I doubt that his more obscure Showtime series would do well. It's not even being shown in syndie as far as I know. That irks me!
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   David Levine

David Levine

Supporting Actor

• 502 posts

Posted June 26 2009 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rain
I loved this show and its offbeat style. BUT i seriously doubt this will ever see the light of day since Larry Sanders apparently did so badly. If Garry's highest profile series didn't sell then I doubt that his more obscure Showtime series would do well. It's not even being shown in syndie as far as I know. That irks me!

So you don't believe the October 20 street date?

#13 of 13 ONLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,398 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted June 27 2009 - 10:24 AM

It's also a complete series set. First Ally McBeal and now this...are there changes in the market coming?

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.