-

Photo
- - - - -

110" screen - best projector

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   DanielH

DanielH

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 02:28 PM

Just wondering what the best projector would be for a 110" screen (approximately) ? Although I am not building a HT right now I am trying to find out how much it will cost. Is $5-8,000 enough for a good projector for that screen size ? Also anyone hear any news on the optoma h76 ?

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,338 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 04:13 PM

Moving to displays
Click on above image to enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
The Holodeck. My DIY Screen. DIY Subwoofer: The MaxCaliber
My humble collection of DVD's. HTF Beginner's Primer and FAQ

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane

Second Unit

• 364 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 04:27 AM

I purchased a Sony VPL-HS20, 106" Draper screen and Chief ceiling mount this past month all for under $3000. I don't think you'll find a better addition for HT in it's price range. The store I got it from has gotten 12 units since I receved mine. And have sold them all. It is one of the hardest projectors to get your hand on. And for good reason. Sony did it right on this unit. It has all the needed connections for current and future hook-ups. The better picture you feed it the better it looks. Check out this site for some information to help you.

http://www.projector...al.com/home.cfm
Enjoy the Toys!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   DavidLM

DavidLM

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 04:33 AM

"$5-8,000"

If you really want to spend that much, I recommend the Benq 8710, which will be out soon.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Matthew Todd

Matthew Todd

Second Unit

• 339 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 04:44 AM

Are you interested in looking at any used CRTs in that price range? For that amount, you could get a very nice 8" EM focus machine (thinking NEC XG series) and still have quite a bit of money left over. You could also look at some of the 9" CRTs (Marquee 9500LC, etc), which are capable of 1080p.

Matt
"Do not use to unclog a disposal drain." - On a box of Dynamite (from Joseph Howard)

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 10:04 AM

I have a Benq 8700 and a Carada Brilliant white 110" screen. The pj has enough brightness to show great PQ at about 12 feet with my HTPC. This is a great combo for the price I paid IMO. If you need a longer throw check the Infocus 7200. Nice pj too as per comments over AVS forum. The Infocus should be within your budget too. BTW be aware that these two are DLP pjs. If you are susceptible to rainbows it can be a problem. You might have to look for an LCD pj then The Sanyo PLV-70 or the Sony HS20 will offer you good performance.