What's new

Email problem? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
For Some reason, I've been getting email returns from people I've never heard of, stating that the message was undeliverable because a possible virus may have been attached.

It dosn't appear to be SPAM, because there is nothing that is being advertised in the message, just something warning me that there was a virus in a message sent. I scanned my system with Nortan Anti-Virus and there is no virus on my system.

Any ideas on this?

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
It's the new MyDoom virus that's going around. All e-mails that are supposedly from you are forged.

These f**king a-holes who write these things really should be enough to justify socially acceptable homicide.

Now if only we could get the f**king morons of the world to stop opening attachments just because they're there!!!

(If you didn't surmise already, I despise with every fiber of my being both the creators of virii and the jackass end-users who keep them going.)

JonSpice

Stunt Coordinator
I got a few before my Norton Internet security put a patch on it, and I deleted the unknown e-mail before opening it up, without reponding to this pain in the arse.:angry:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Don't feel bad.

Because of my email exposure with this forum
I get over 200 of these emails PER DAY.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I got tired of viruses making it to the inboxes of my users at work (40-50 mailboxes) so I installed virus- and spamfiltering on the mailserver level. So far, in the past 5 days or so, it has intercepted over a 1000 mydoom mails and quarantined them... there are a lot of morons out there opening attachments without virus filtering them first, it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks