Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Email problem?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 12:16 PM

For Some reason, I've been getting email returns from people I've never heard of, stating that the message was undeliverable because a possible virus may have been attached. It dosn't appear to be SPAM, because there is nothing that is being advertised in the message, just something warning me that there was a virus in a message sent. I scanned my system with Nortan Anti-Virus and there is no virus on my system. Any ideas on this?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   John_Berger

John_Berger

Screenwriter

• 2,489 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 12:28 PM

It's the new MyDoom virus that's going around. All e-mails that are supposedly from you are forged. These f**king a-holes who write these things really should be enough to justify socially acceptable homicide. Now if only we could get the f**king morons of the world to stop opening attachments just because they're there!!! (If you didn't surmise already, I despise with every fiber of my being both the creators of virii and the jackass end-users who keep them going.)

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   JonSpice

JonSpice

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 01:20 AM

I got a few before my Norton Internet security put a patch on it, and I deleted the unknown e-mail before opening it up, without reponding to this pain in the arse.Posted Image
Jon or Jake take your pick~The Wraith

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,307 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 04:11 AM

Don't feel bad. Because of my email exposure with this forum I get over 200 of these emails PER DAY.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter

• 1,529 posts

Posted February 02 2004 - 07:48 AM

I got tired of viruses making it to the inboxes of my users at work (40-50 mailboxes) so I installed virus- and spamfiltering on the mailserver level. So far, in the past 5 days or so, it has intercepted over a 1000 mydoom mails and quarantined them... there are a lot of morons out there opening attachments without virus filtering them first, it seems.
"If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"
"Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area." -- "BlackAdder 4"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users