Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Adult Swim DVDs this summer?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 08:37 AM

Our Friends over at TVShowsOnDVD.com have posted infromation about wave 2 of the adult swim DVDs.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

and
Sealab 2021

Acording to the items, they should both be released this summer, and I say bring them both on.

#2 of 18 ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 10:59 AM

Is that Vol 2 of ATH? The first wave had ATHF and Space Ghost CTC...

#3 of 18 Blu

Blu

Screenwriter

• 1,360 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 11:07 AM

I want Home Movies!

#4 of 18 Dave F

Dave F

Screenwriter

• 2,891 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 11:18 AM

Posted Image

Home Movies should be on that list! Getting passed over twice should be a crime.

-Dave
DVD List

#5 of 18 Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 11:26 AM

ChrisBea, yes it is Vol. 2 of ATHF.

Now, as for shows I want, one simple word...

Brak!

#6 of 18 Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick

Screenwriter

• 2,358 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 04:15 PM

I want "Cartoon Planet". Brak was much funnier on that show.
Wayne Bundrick

"It tastes like there's a party in my mouth and everybody's throwing up!" -- Philip J. Fry

#7 of 18 Sean Moon

Sean Moon

Screenwriter

• 2,045 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 04:40 PM

Sealab is a must have, but where is Harvey Birdman? Or Home Movies? Or Mission Hill? Or Brak? There is so much more they could do instead of Aqua Teens Volume 2. I mean, I am all for some more of them, but there are other shows too. I guess its from how well the first set of ATHF is selling.
http://doctordoom.blogspot.com

We must stand in awe of the infinite capacity of the human mind to reject the introduction of useful knowledge.

#8 of 18 JohnDMoore

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator

• 192 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 05:07 PM

Harvey Birdman doesn't have nearly enough episodes yet for a release. More eps this (Fall, I think?). Mission Hill and Home Movies have some rights issues I believe. (I think Home Movies belongs to Scholastic, and Mission Hill also isn't a Warner property).
Brak recently got cancelled. I would expect a full release when it comes (only 28 15 minute episodes), and I think (pure speculation) it'll be coming either in Wave 2 or 3, while it's still at least a little fresh. I say Wave 2 because I believe MC Chris, from whom this information was received, was only asked about the above two series.
I really hope Coast to Coast gets another volume soon. So many episodes, it needs to catch up before all the other series are exhausted. That said, I can't wait for more Aqua Teen!
-John D. Moore

#9 of 18 Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 06:19 PM

Yes, and Cartoon Planet has complications of its own that are preventing a release, and John made a great point he was only asked about the 2 series, but I'm glad to be getting another set of ATHF because I've watched the first set way too much already.

#10 of 18 Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 08:26 AM

I'm REALLY excited about Sealab.

I'm going to start picking up ATHF. The show has grown on me some, I really like the current season. I still think the first season was a bit weak.

I would buy Cartoon Planet.

A Brak release should include the variety show from four years ago, "Brak Presents The Brak Show Starring Brak #1".

#11 of 18 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 12:30 PM

Home Movies and Mission Hill are probably actually my two favorite Adult Swim cartoons (Space Ghost and Sealab are close behind them), but I do not believe these 'toons are produced by the Williams Street gang, meaning they might not be Warner properties. Regardless, whoever does own them would do well to release them to DVD.

#12 of 18 Jon B NY

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 04:00 PM

Poor Brak getting cancelled...the show was starting to get really unfunny though.

Wave two should be great! More ATHF and Sealab! That's awesome. The only thing that could make it better would be more Space Ghost.

While I'd love to see Home Movies on DVD, it's just not Williams Street, so it just doesn't feel the same.

Adult Swim's William Street shows are my favorite shows currently on DVD, and they need to release those DVD's FASTER! It's never too soon for moreeeee!!!!

#13 of 18 Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,101 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 04:42 PM

I really want Harvey Birdman. The concepts behind the episodes were genius, and I would love to have them.

#14 of 18 Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 06:21 PM

Quote:
I really want Harvey Birdman. The concepts behind the episodes were genius, and I would love to have them.

I agree, I like the 1 with Shaggy and Scooby, and the 1 with the johnny Quest storyline, both funny, I'd buy this on DVD.

The Adult Swim block is apparently a goldmine.

I've got at least 1 person hooked on ATHF just from the DVD, and then he bought it and got someone else hooked on ATHF. I'm hoping for my second direct conversion here pretty soon...

#15 of 18 Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,101 posts

Posted January 31 2004 - 03:53 PM

The Flintstones episode was great, too. The whole opening done like The Sopranos, the head of Quick Draw in Harvey's bed, everything.

#16 of 18 Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted January 31 2004 - 05:31 PM

I didn't get to see Adult Swim when Harvey Birdman was on. Did he defend actual Hanna-Barbera cartoon characters in court?

#17 of 18 Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz

Second Unit

• 295 posts

Posted January 31 2004 - 07:15 PM

I'd expect the rights for Home Movies and Mission Hill to be sticky. Didn't Home Movies first air on UPN? And I think Mission Hill's original run was on the WB.

I'd love Harvey Birdman, but I agree they must be holding off for more episodes. I loves me my Stephen Colbert, though. Can't wait!
Brad Grenz
the Widgets

#18 of 18 Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted January 31 2004 - 07:43 PM

from what I just read in Animation World Magazine, there are more episodes of Harvey Birdman in production for air later this year. I looked at an episode guide and it only listed 11 episodes, that would be enough for a single disc release, so its better to wait IMO.