What's new

Cover Art - The Grapes of Wrath (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's fine; matches My Darling Clementine - these FSC discs beat the equivalent Fox releases in the UK. The covers (which are mainly uninspired) are the least of the problems; many of the films come stripped of most, if not all, of their FSC extras.

God bless the multi-region player ;)

---
So many films, so little time...

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I think I'd rather have a shot of him with a big sign over his head that says "2 Thumbs up!"

I honestly don't think it's that bad and certainly we could get worse..

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
Funny thing- I bought this yesterday at my local B&M. The sticker on the top edge of the keepcase said "GRAPES OF WRATH- FULL SCREEN"

Didn't know there was a widescreen version- How much am I missing? ;)

Another funny thing- Along with the insert inside is an ad for TCM. I'm surprised Fox would let a competing studio advertise their work. (Why not an ad for Fox Movie Channel?)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I'm wondering if there's going to be a review here of this title. Won't have my copy for almost a month (pre-ordered it with Tin Drum), but have picked up on that there might be some EE issues, so kinda curious on this, as offhand I don't think I have any B&W films with serious EE (visible to me!).

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
While I can appreciate all the Fox Studio Classics titles having the same look, I admire Warner for using original artwork from the film's original release. Adds something to the integrity of the DVD release.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Hi

Just saw this and found among the supplemental features an UK prologue. Once you play this, it goes automatically into the main feature.

I thought this was superb

:star: :star: :star: :star:

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

TCM's "Monthly Entertainment News" bumper often plugs Fox's classic DVD's. The DVD segment of the bumper usually will plug Warner's classics, Fox's, and occasionally a Paramount one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks