What's new

New Amp...Do I need to rewire (1 Viewer)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Just purchased a Earthquake Cinenova Grande 5 channel amp.
I'm getting ready to unpack this 125 lb. beast of an amp. I'm reading in the owners manual...quote:
"To ensure proper operation, make sure that a 20-Ampere circuit is available where the amplifier is going to be plugged. If in doubt, consult an electrician; most homes are wired with 20-Ampere circuits, but there is a chance that the wall receptors are rated only 15-Amperes."

It also states that this amp is equipped with a 20-Ampere circuit breaker. I'm guessing I shouldn't try to run this thing thru my Monster HTS 5000 Power Center??

Help....what do I need to do to assure proper operation of this amp? My house was built in 1979, do I have 15 or 20 Ampere curcuits?? I'm sure I need to replace receptor!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

You could do a couple of things.

1) Head to your power box and look at the circuit breakers that control the outlets. See if they are 15A or 20A breakers.

If they are 15A, you might have to consult with an electrician.

2) If 20A breakers were present in your box, then you might just need to replace the outlet with one that is capable of handling a 20A load.

Best of luck to you. My place was built in 1990, but has 15A circuit breakers. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

However, I do have slots available, but would need an electrician to run a new 20A line for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks