Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

xbox in the car

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   BradleyS.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 02:30 PM

Does anyone have experience with using the xbox in the car? Does it have skipping problems? I am going to be using a power inverter, what wattage do you think I will need to run the xbox, a 13" tv and a laptop? I was thinking along the lines of a 400-700 watt inverter, does this sound right?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark gas

Mark gas

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 03:29 PM

For the TV check E-bay they have tv's for cars for under a 100. For the laptop Use a car kit made for you car. For the xbox a 2 to 300 watt inverter should the job. Try to find a way to hook up the xbox to the laptop so you will not need a screen. Also do you want the xbot sound to run threw your car speakers?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 04:50 PM

You guys remember this?

Posted Image

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   BradleyS.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 10:02 AM

I already have a portable tv for the car, I dont need to run the sound through the speakers. so a 400-700 watt inverter should be able to run the tv, laptop and xbox at the same time?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Mark gas

Mark gas

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 07:00 PM

Check the back of all the devices you want to use they should tell you how much power they consume. Add all the numbers up and you will know what size inverter to get. Also make sure you sucure your tv becase you don't want it flying around.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users