Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question about V The Final Battle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 OFFLINE   Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen

Producer

• 3,150 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 03:06 AM

Quote:
You're not the only one. I couldn't believe that it was the same person at first, and never would have realized it until someone else told me. I was like "no way".

Hee! Glad I'm not alone Nick! Posted Image

#22 of 24 OFFLINE   Aaron_Brez

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor

• 792 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 04:59 AM

Quote:
I also love how the voices of the Vistitors suddenly became just like ours. I guess it was just too much money to put a cheap voice effect on the actors week after week.

I remember reading about that at the time, and they said it was because some of the new actors' voices didn't sound right with the reverb. The same article said that they were going to put in a throwaway reference to new surgery for the Visitors' throats, but had decided not to.

As I said, the show-runners were not terribly concerned with logic or continuity. But since most of them had a soap-opera background, you kinda have to expect that....

#23 of 24 OFFLINE   Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen

Producer

• 3,150 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 05:34 AM

Quote:
it was because some of the new actors' voices didn't sound right with the reverb.

Translation: We don't want to shell out extra money for this silly sound-processing... so we'll come up with a cheesy excuse. Posted Image

#24 of 24 OFFLINE   Sven Lorenz

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor

• 529 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 06:07 AM

Quote:
What amuses me is that these shows were the first time I encountered Robert Englund. I had no idea that "Willy" and "Freddy" were the same guys. I freaked when I found out that "Freddy" was the friendly alien from "V".

There was a funny sketch about that on MAD TV several years ago - everybody wanted to talk to him about Willy and nobody believed that he was Freddy - I think he started killing everybody who called him Willy.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow