What's new

Dayton 10" powered sub or BIC 8" V80 (1 Viewer)

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone know the last time PE had the dayton sub on sale for $99?

i called their tech support and they are going to give it to me for that price if they know when it was last on sale, or approximate time it was on sale

RichST

Grip
If I remember right it was back in mid November sometime...I think.

I was going to order it then, but they ran out by the time I decided to purchase.

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
yeah thats price i paid for it... but some people got it for $99... the customer service lady is gonna call if she can give it to me for $99.... i already paid for it, but every little bit back helps

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Yes. It's certainly not loud or anything at 25Hz, but you can definately feel the pressure (body and in ears). I'd say it starts to roll off somewhere between 25 and 30Hz. Placement in room and size of room will have an effect on how much more accentuated a frequency like 25Hz from it would be. Its extension capabilities (or possibly perceived extension) also rely partly on what you're listening to. 30Hz is quite strong though. Try out U-571 with it. The above water depth charge scene has bass peaks at 30Hz. Boy is it nice :D

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
i cant wait to try it! its 1230 in the morning and i cant sleep im so excited, it will be here today!!! i have an 8:00 class and i just cant go to sleep....

i think there is something wrong with me to be this excited over a sub

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
something wrong? no, nothing wrong at all. And don't let anyone tell you different :D !

Brice

JesseBro

Stunt Coordinator
all i can say is WOW... this added a completely new dimension to my system.... Gladiator is whole new movie now!!!... im going to rent U-571 and see how it performs!! it is very well constructed and sounds unbelievably tight and deep... i think i got a great deal on this sub, and i highly recommend it to anyone at this price range

thanks for all the help everyone

WilliamMc

Stunt Coordinator
Thats it! I don't think I can wait for a sale. I'm gonna get this sub. My Fluance SX-htb should be here monday, and if I get it in the door without the wife noticing, I'll order the dayton. From what everyone is posting, this combo should be very impressive for the pennys spent. It should make one heck of a computer room system. Now I'm excited too!

Edward_M

Agent
So what's the deal with the BIC V80? Is it really that bad compared to the Dayton sub from PE? Anybody got experience using the BIC V80?

I am looking for a good 8" or 10" entry level sub for my VT-12 with a budget of $130 and under. The V80 can be had for about $107 free shipping/no sales tax from X10.com. The Dayton sub is now $125 before shipping from PE. Please help me decide. I don't really need some loud, earth shaking bass. I live in a condo so I share a common wall with a neighbor.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
The difference in output and extension far exceeds the price difference.

No matter if you need the output or exension, always better to get/have more than you need, than less than you where hoping for.

I know you said you don't need the walls and earth to shake, well it dose not have to. Thats what the receiver sub out volume control & master volume is for along with the sub controls itself.

With the Bic-V80 you loose out on a large amount of the last octave lower freqs. It also tends to sound bloated/boomy/fat, regardles of placement.
The Dayton-10" TM-II can to, but placement and proper setup can help with this, much more so than with the little Bic.

Just something to chew on.

"Still" after 3 years and 2-models, thought by most to be the entry level "budget sub king", speaking of PE's Dayton-10/TM-II..

Good luck
Geoff ¥

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks