Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

JBL S Center II

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   al.ness

al.ness

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 12:46 AM

I finely joined this forum after two years of NormanL trying to convince me that I would enjoy it. I hope all of you that I helped find the JBL S Center II in factory sealed condition enjoy the unit. In my house I have two , one in my bedroom and one in my family room. The need to set up my bedroom with the S CenterII was the mission that caused me to help others. I had to find it for myself and when I did the research and drove for hours I located additional units to supply a few fellow JBL lovers who could not find them. I am not in the business of home threater, I just wanted to help a few who wanted this discontinued speaker and cover my expenses. I might have located a few more, if anyone else is interested please email me for the details.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   MuneebM

MuneebM

Supporting Actor

• 621 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 01:32 AM

Hey Albert, welcome to the forums! Folks, Albert found me an S-CenterII which I was having lots of difficulty finding and he shipped it out very promptly, and its already waiting for me to be picked up at my mailbox in Plattsburgh, NY. Albert's a great guy so don't hesitate to contact him if you need the JBL S-CenterII, its impossible to find this anywhere online (only refurbished ones from HarmanAudio on eBay going at ridiculously high prices) so Albert is basically the *only* source for brand new, factory sealed JBL S-CenterII speakers at the moment!

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   al.ness

al.ness

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 02:01 AM

MuneebM, Thanks for the post. I am NOT a dealer in Home Theater Equipment,I am an Antique Print Dealer. As I said in the previous post I needed this speaker for myself and after doing some research I located a few additional units to help out some other forum members. NormanL told me he thinks he is on probation with the forum for helping you and some others. He and I are not dealers and I hope he is not removed from this forum for helping me.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Tom Tubbiola

Tom Tubbiola

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 05:27 PM

Albert also sold me my S-Center. There were NONE available anywhere else that I could find. Thanks Albert. NormanL did me a HUGE favor by offering to help me find one. I sincerely hope he is NOT on any type of probation with the forum. That would, in my opinion, be completely unwarranted. Now all I have to do is wait for UPS. . . . . Tom
"Some days you're the bug,
some days you're the windshield."

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Nick-G

Nick-G

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 05:21 AM

I might be interested if you can find any more. How much have you been asking for them?

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   MuneebM

MuneebM

Supporting Actor

• 621 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 05:54 AM

I really don't think NormanL should be put on probation for this. I did not find you through him and did not even know that you two knew each other! I just read a post he put up with an eBay auction for the S-CenterII and found you, and consequently my S-CenterII, through eBay. If the moderators are reading this, which I hope they are, I hope they realize that NormanL does not deserve to be put on probation!

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   al.ness

al.ness

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 06:11 AM

MuneebM, Where did you find the JBL36II or is it the JBLS36IIPH that you are getting?

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   MuneebM

MuneebM

Supporting Actor

• 621 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 07:01 AM

I found the JBL S36II on eBay, slightly used. I really couldn't find a new pair... and I'm starting to get worried because the seller has given me a UPS tracking number that should've been working since Monday, but it still doesn't work. He says its because there's lots of sleet and snow in his town so UPS is probably closed...

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   greg_t

greg_t

Screenwriter

• 1,654 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 01:11 PM

As per home theater forum rules, all items for sale should be posted in the hardware or software for sale forums with a listed price.

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Norman L

Norman L

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 12:48 PM

greg_t You are correct. That is where it should be posted.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason Ole

Jason Ole

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 12:55 AM

I believe my local Best Buy has a pair of the S36II, brand new, I saw them sitting on the top shelf mixed in with the Northridge Series they all have now. If anyone is interested I would be more than happy to contact them to see what they are looking to get for them and let you know. Jason

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Norman L

Norman L

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 05:15 AM

Jason, Is it the Platium S36IIPH? If it is the S36II regular Black, I am very interested. If you have their address my local BestBuy might order it in for me. Thanks

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Vince Bellino

Vince Bellino

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted January 30 2004 - 11:05 AM

I was fortunate enough to stumble upon a pair of S38II's at a Best Buy that I don't normally frequent today. They rang up at $199 but the guy gave me 10% off because the top of the box was open. I just have to figure out how I'm gonna physically set these things up as surrounds to match my S38II mains!

Now all I have to do is order my SVS 25-31PCi and I'll be all set Posted Image

Vince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users