What's new

When Denon AVR 3805 will be on the market? (1 Viewer)

Octavio

Stunt Coordinator
Does somebody know when new Denon receiver AVR 3805 will be on the market?

Thanks

Octavio

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
I saw my local Denon dealer today who confirmed that they have ordered a 3805. He said they are supposed to start shipping the beginning of March.

Bob

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I hope it will be in March. I called my local Denon dealer here in CA and they told me to go to Denon's web site. That they had no idea when it would be available. I have sent Denon two emails asking when it might be available? I know two people who I told about the 3805 and they are also ready to buy it as soon as its available. Hopefully someone who knows will update us with a availabilty date for the AVR-3805 :D :D

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
I always wonder why all the secrecy after they have announced the product. Hopefully it works as well as it sounds - I'll be interested in seeing some reviews or input from people who got a chance for some hands-on at CES.

BTW, tell Denon they've got to invest a few bucks on their US website; it looks crappy compared to sites for other sales regions. :frowning:

Bob

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
I agree, their US website, as well as their Canadian website, sucks! Really sucks! Yamaha's website is much more informative.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I had the chance to see the AVR-3805 in action at CES this year. This reciever was paired up with M&K speakers and sounded great. The rep also went thru some of the feature and showed off how easy it was to use. This year Denon finally has the auto setup like the Pioneer Elite MCACC feature. And the Denon Link for a single conection for multi channel audio. IMHO its going to be tough to compete with this receiver when it comes out. The detail, soundstage and clairity was great, both movies and music shine with the 3805. Denon used the DTS vol. 8 demonstration dvd to show off the surround sound capability of the AVR-3805. If I am not mistaken the audio disc was Diana Krall and it to sounded impressive. I am hoping that the 3805 comes out soon so I can replace my Yamaha RX-V995. I have the pdf file if any of you would like it feel free to email me and I will send it as an attachment.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
If you think Denon's website sucks then wait till you visit NAD website. It makes even the Denon site look good. NAD does not have detailed pics of the front or back of any of their equipment or maybe I did not look hard and deep? :D

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
Dave-

Do you know if the 3805 allows renaming of inputs? I don't see this feature supported in the 3803 and wonder if it might be in the 3805.

Thanks-
Bob

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
So with the 3805 coming out I can expect the 3803 to drop in price.... sweet because although good, my 1603 just doesn't have the juice I want for the upgrade path I'm looking at.

What a great day when something new comes out... for us who don't need the latest and greatest at least :D

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
When it does come out, what on-line, or NYC dealers are likely to have it right away? J&R is my first thought.

Ted

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey Bob,

I actually dont know if it has that capability or not? It would be nice if it did. I dont recall the Denon rep mentioning if that was something you could do or not? Heck there was such an overload of things to see and so much information that week
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
But CES was fun and hope people that did not get to see it this year get to in 2005 :emoji_thumbsup:

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
I was up in the SF Bay area yesterday and one place I stopped in to audition some speakers said they have 20 units on order but no firm deliver date yet.

BTW, there is a 3805 First Look over at Audioholics for anyone who's interested with more info to follow through the week.

Bob*S

Stunt Coordinator
Owners manual, product sheet, tech note on EQ and pics posted at the Denon site. SRP is $1199.

Bob

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I may buy one of these as well. I would like to find out if the reciever allows you to rename inputs too.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Thanks Laurence_C, I did find the link to manuals but somehow thought they would not contain pictures, only illustrations. Now that make me wrong pn two counts
:D

David_Moechnig

Stunt Coordinator
I just got word from my contact at the St. Peters, MO Ultimate Electronics that they should have stock of the AVR-3805 on March 20. I placed my pre-order within minutes of hearing the news. I can't wait especially since the subwoofer pre-out on my old Yamaha suddenly stopped working over the weekend unless I use the 6-channel input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks