Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Rain in Car-Help

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   WadeB

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 01:49 AM

Like an idiot I left my driver side window open, and the inside of my car is soaked. Other than dry it out as best I can, does anybody have any suggestions for anything that will keep it from mildewing, any products that are good to use that won’t smell like chemicals that are made for just such a thing. I’d hate for my car to start smelling musty. Thanks!

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

• 3,817 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 02:05 AM

Posted Image

Perhaps we could lure him out with something... hmm...

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

Seriously, I would leave your windows cracked whenever possible... and park in the sun.. if you've got any this time of year. My wife left my sunroof wide open during a downpour once... my car felt like a jungle inside for a day or so but came out alright.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   DonRoeber

• 1,851 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 02:56 AM

I once left the convertible top down while I went inside a friends house. Then it rained. Oops. Just clean things up as best you can, and leave the vent open when you're not in the car. You should be fine.
Luckily, right at that moment, an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof.

He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   wally

Second Unit

• 476 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 03:31 AM

Fill trunk with silica. Seriously keeping fresh air circulating as much as possible will help. Might try a box/window fan(s) when in the garage. We use them on occasion when our basement floods. A little musty smelling at first but dries fine after several days.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   dave_brogli

• 1,022 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 04:48 AM

dammit dave I was gonna make a joke about rain to....

once again always the late onePosted Image

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   AllanN

Supporting Actor

• 952 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 06:46 AM

Fresh air and sunlight are the best remedies. If you know you are going to have a good sunny day in GA soon park it in the sun and leave all the windows wide open. Just dont forget to close them before the next rain. Posted Image
“Aquaba is over there, it’s only a matter of going.” –Lawrence "I am not now, nor have I ever been a psychologist" -Mumford
"...you can't control who gets hit or who doesn't, who falls our of a chopper or why. It ain't up to you. Its just war." -Hoot
"Fear is the path to the dark...

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   WadeB

Stunt Coordinator

• 231 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for the tips and I enjoyed the joke about Rain. Seeing the moisture build up on my driver side window during the day, I can see the benefit of letting some air and sun in. Unfortunately it's been threatening rain (and ice!) all day and looks like the same for tomorrow. Maybe I'll run a hair dryer on an outdoor extension cord and try to dry things up and hope that Wednesdays forecast (Sunny!) is correct. Wish I had a garage.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Eric_L

• 1,994 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 11:46 AM

Without a garage you are pretty hozed. I had that trouble once and was successful with a space heater and a garage overnight. Without a garage you may want to pick a clear night and crack the window.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Rain

• 5,020 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 02:25 PM

I swear I've never been in your car in my life. Posted Image
"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   StephenA

• 1,514 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 02:33 PM

Rain, maybe it was when you had a little too much to drink and you passed out in his car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users