Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How do I enable the XBOX Communicator for ESPN Football?

Xbox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter

• 1,367 posts

Posted January 25 2004 - 11:44 PM

I just got a XBL Kit. I have the communicator connected, but I don't know to enable it for voice communication. I've tried going into every menu, but no dice. I need a walk through. Thanks.
"What does God want with a Starship?" - Captain Kirk from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

"For the first few minutes of the film, I had accidently listened to the Dolby Digital track." - Ron Epstein (HTF)

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   JayV

JayV

Supporting Actor

• 612 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 12:50 AM

It should be automatic. Plug everything in, make sure mute is not on (the widget's LED should be green) and turn the thumb wheel all the way up to make sure it's loud enough to hear.

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 02:26 AM

There's no button. Just talk away. Sometimes you can even hear your opponent's out-of-shape breathing during close games Posted Image

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter

• 1,367 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 02:39 AM

I notice that when someone challenges me, the voice icon is present w/ them and not w/ me. I've played 4 games so far, and there is no communication. Is there something to enable in the audio menu? BTW, my gamertag is "THE DISRUPTER"
"What does God want with a Starship?" - Captain Kirk from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.

"For the first few minutes of the film, I had accidently listened to the Dolby Digital track." - Ron Epstein (HTF)

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   James T

James T

Screenwriter

• 1,643 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 03:55 AM

There's that button by the volume. It has to be green. If it's an orange colour, it means it's muted.

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Dave Cukina

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 06:41 AM

you have to go into the options menu for live when you're signed in, there you will see the communicator option to turn voice on or off and whether you want to hear it through the speakers of your tv. Not exactly sure what the menu names are but its in there.

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter

• 1,367 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 08:29 AM

I've tried every possible scenario except - the right one of course - and I still cannot find out how to enable the Communicator.Posted Image If anyone can look at their settings and let me know what exactly to do, I'd be greatful. Thanks.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 09:02 AM

Dumb question, do you have a regular memory card plugged in, Kevin? I wonder if the communicator needs to be in the "top slot" in joypad one.

Have you tried the communicator in another game or demo?
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Ken Holmes

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 10:26 AM

or maybe try another controller if you have one to make sure the one you're using isn't defective.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 02:10 PM

Volume Knob

just throwing out ideas

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter

• 1,367 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 05:55 PM

I'll try the other controller later, otherwise, I've did everything else. Thanks so far for the help. I'll let ya know.