What's new

How much weight can a speaker support? (1 Viewer)

Nick-G

Agent
I'm curious to know how much weight my speaker's 3/4" MDF enclosure can support? Can anyone help me out??

Nick-G

Agent
The reason I ask is because the fiancee wants to get an armoire and my athena AS-B1's will not fit beside the TV inside of the armoire and there is no room for stands on the small wall, with the swinging armoire doors and all. So I have to decide if I want to lay the speakers on their sides and put the 50lb TV on top of them or if I want to return them and get the smaller S.5 speakers. In our small room I don't know if the smaller speakers would make that much of a difference, but I have really grown to love my B1's. I could always put the speakers on top of the armoire and try to angle them down too. But the thing is, the 30 day return policy is up wednesday, so I have to decide soon!

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't think it to be smart at all to put a TV ontop of it. I would probably either find a way to fit it in or go down to something that is going to fit in. Anything ontop of a speaker isn't great, especially a 50lb. tv which could either break the enclosure or have some other problem.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Alot.

I weigh in at a heft 200+lbs. and can jump up and down on Kenwood HTiB dual 4" midrange "bookshelfs".

You may not want to do this with speakers you wish to keep however. (Mine were supplanted by paradigms).

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

Time to get rid of the fiancee :D On their sides the speaker cabinets would be at their weakest. Don't do it.

Kevin

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
I probably wouldn't put my TV on top of my speakers. But they may support it.

Sound wise you would be best to not put your mains under your TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks