-

Photo

Pontiac Montana Dvd Player

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   John&w

John&w

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 25 2004 - 08:08 AM

Hello all. I have an Oem DVD player in my Montana that the kids use. It is manufactured by DELPHI who does most of GM's Accessory electronics.

I am trying to find out what DVD format's that are compatible with this player. I have made back-up copies of the kids dvd's for the van and they will not play correctly. I have tried DVD+R and DVD-R but with no success. The video and sound stutter severly. These discs work fine on my home theatre player and the p.c.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Denton

Denton

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted January 25 2004 - 08:05 PM

I'll hazard a guess...We still see some car decks, almost always OEM, that won't play some CD-R's. This was very common earlier in the game. It may be a while before car DVD players properly handle burned discs.Posted Image

Of course, I could be wrong.
"Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye." Bill Hicks

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Jason_M

Jason_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 52 posts

Posted January 27 2004 - 01:16 AM

I would agree wih Denton. I have istalled many aftermarket dvd players from people such as Audiovox, AcceleVision, Audiobahn, and Sony and i can only think of a couple that played burned DVD's but have seen tons of factory installed cd and dvd players that won't even play burned cd's.