Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Would a new cable improve sound?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Justin_D

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted January 24 2004 - 06:35 AM

I use my PC for audio primarily
I have an Audigy Platinum hooked up to my home theater through a mini-to-rca cable that I got at Radioshack for $8

Would a nice one improve sound?
If so, could I get some suggestions? I have looked, and all I see are the Monster ones, and I hate them...

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit

• 320 posts

Posted January 24 2004 - 12:18 PM

Improvement? That depends on if the cable you are using has any problems now. If the cable you are using is a one piece design (no multiple adapters) and you are not experiencing any interference problems, then I would have to say that you aren't missing much over a "high end" cable. You could always experiment with a better cable since most retailers have a pretty liberal return policy.

Bill
"Surely you can't be serious."
"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Justin_D

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted January 24 2004 - 12:24 PM

You could build me one and I'll review it for ya (looking @ your site) Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image :b Posted Image

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Mark Rich

Mark Rich

Second Unit

• 457 posts

Posted January 24 2004 - 01:45 PM

Nothing like using a link to your home theater as a sneaky way of advertising your cables:-)
Guess if some people (Vince and DougW)can get away with it for so long then why not you. Much success to you and your cable businessPosted Image
"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe