What's new

sacd & dvd-a basics question. (1 Viewer)

I'm looking into buying Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon on sacd and Frampton Comes Alive! on dvd-a (when it comes out). My question is, will these play on my H/T system with a Sony NC-615 player. It does not play in sacd, so what will I get from the sacd disk, DD 2.0? I hope not! What will the dvd-a give me? Thanks in advance, Mike.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
This is not a DVD-A or SACD player.

Thus you will not get any of the benefits of the high resolution MLP or DSD tracks.

Likely you will get a lossy DD surround version though, which should be decent. Not familiar with the disc though.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
With DSOTM sacd, you will just get stereo, since you don't have the 6 analog outputs for the HiRes multi-channel tracks. You may get PL II, not sure though.
With the Peter Frampton dvd-a, you should be able to play the DD or dts tracks, just like you do in a movie.
If your receiver has the 6 analog inputs, you may want to consider getting the Pioneer DV 563A universal player. It sells for about $170-$180 at Best Buy and Circuit City. It's worth every penny! Worth more than that, really! :)

Kyhl

Auditioning
When playing DSOTM without SACD you will be listening to the CD layer only which is the same resolution as any other CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks