Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bombs away! The Biggest Flop of 2004 Tournament!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 of 65 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 06:29 AM

Inspired by the Movies thread!!!

So which 2004 movie is gonna tank the worst? Will Catwoman fail to land on all fours? Will Walking Tall take it in the kneecaps? Will the retrofitted-as-a-comedy Starsky and Hutch get busted?

Throw out up to six picks each - let's see if we can get 32 movies...

The List

[*][*]Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London*[*]Anaconda 2: The Black Orchid[*]The A-Team[*]Barbershop 2: Back in Buisness[*]Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason[*]Catwoman[*]The Crow: Wicked Prayer*[*]Deuce Bigalow: Electric Gigolo*[*]Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
    [*]Exorcist: The Beginning
    [*]Garfield
    [*]Hellboy[*]House of 1000 Corpses 2[*]The Mask 2*
    [*]Meet the Fockers[*]Pitch Black 2: The Chronicles of Riddick[*]The Punisher[*]The Ring 2[*]Rocky VI[*]Sahara[*]Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed*[*]Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow[*]Seriously Dude, Where's My Car?[*]Soul Plane[*]Starsky and Hutch[*]13 Going on 30[*]Thunderbirds[*]Van Helsing[*]The Whole Ten Yards*
    [*]Win a Date With Tad Hamilton[*]You Got Served
    [*]XXX 2

#2 of 65 OFFLINE   Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers

Producer

• 3,481 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 06:52 AM

Catwoman The Mask 2 Pitch Black 2: The Chronicles of Riddick Garfield Those last two could surprise me.
Top 10 Film Lists: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Film Lists: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

#3 of 65 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 07:40 AM

Interesting idea Steve. I’ll have to think about this, as I share the view that ‘no one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public’. Posted Image
¡Time is not my master!

#4 of 65 OFFLINE   Angelo.M

Angelo.M

Producer

• 4,007 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 07:57 AM

Are we talking financial flops or artistic flops, or both?! Anyway, my best guesses, which ought to meet criteria for either type of flop: Sahara Soul Plane 13 Going on 30 Win a Date with Tad Hamilton Thunderbirds (no puppets! what gives?) The Punisher

#5 of 65 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 08:03 AM

Well, I don't think you can mention "art" in relation to the films we'll be voting on... Posted Image

#6 of 65 OFFLINE   MartinTeller

MartinTeller

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 08:12 AM

I don't understand what we're voting on... what movie we think we would hate the most?

I'll add Hellboy. Never read the comic, but the trailer looks like shit.

#7 of 65 OFFLINE   Jake Johnson

Jake Johnson

Second Unit

• 367 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 10:31 AM

Garfield The Mask 2 You Got Served Van Helsing - Looks great, but i don't think many people will see it.
Jake J.
Chief?
McCloud!
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
My Sweet Cuppin' Cake of a DVD Collectionwww.thedigitalbits.com

#8 of 65 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 11:07 AM

We'll be voting on which movie we think is gonna flop hardest. For instance: Hellboy vs. Catwoman.

#9 of 65 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 11:12 AM

From Movieweb: 2004 Movie Release Dates January - Get the details Aileen: The Life and Death of a Serial Killer Along Came Polly The Battle of Algiers The Big Bounce The Butterfly Effect Chasing Liberty Crimson Gold Dirt Disney's Teacher's Pet Distant Latter Days My Baby's Daddy Osama The Perfect Score Secret Things Tokyo Godfathers Torque Win a Date With Tad Hamilton! You Got Served February - Get the details 50 First Dates After Life Against the Ropes Barbershop 2: Back In Business Broken Lizard's Club Dread Catch That Kid Cursed Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights The Dreamers Eurotrip Highwaymen If Only The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra Mindhunters Miracle One Perfect Day The Passion of Christ Perfect Opposites Robot Stories Twisted Welcome to Mooseport March - Get the details Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London Broken Wings Dawn Of The Dead Dogville The Girl Next Door Hidalgo Jersey Girl NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience Ned Kelly Never Die Alone Noi The Albino The Prince and Me The Reckoning Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed Secret Window Spartan Starsky & Hutch The United States of Leland Wibur Wants to Kill Himself April - Get the details The Alamo The Breakup Handbook Connie and Carla Ella Enchanted Envy Godsend Home On The Range House Of 1000 Corpses 2 Hypnotic Johnson Family Vacation Kill Bill: Volume 2 Laws of Attraction Love's Brother Man on Fire The Punisher Sacred Planet Saved Taking Lives Walking Tall The Whole Ten Yards May - Get the details The Day After Tomorrow Eulogy Hellboy Love Me If You Dare Mission: Impossible 3 The Mother New York Minute Shrek 2 Soul Plane Troy Valentin Van Helsing June - Get the details The Chronicles of Riddick The Forgotten Garfield Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban I'll Sleep When I'm Dead The Terminal July - Get the details Anchorman The Bourne Supremacy Catwoman A Cinderella Story De-lovely Fury Road I, Robot Kaena: The Prophecy The Notebook Spider-Man 2 Two Brothers The Village White Chicks Zhou Yu's Train August - Get the details Alien vs. Predator Because of Winn-Dixie Blade: Trinity Code 46 Danny Deckchair Man Thing A Sound of Thunder Thunderbirds Winn-Dixie The Yes Men Yu-Gi-Oh ! September - Get the details Constantine Resident Evil: Apocalypse Wimbledon October - Get the details House of Wax: 3D J.M. Barrie's Neverland Shark Tale Taxi Untitled Ballard Project November - Get the details Alexander The Incredibles The Interpreter The Polar Express The Ring 2 Sharkslayer The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie December - Get the details An Unfinished Life Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Phantom of the Opera The Aviator Cinderella Man King Arthur Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events Meet the Fockers Ocean's Twelve Skipping Christmas Surviving Christmas To Be Announced For Release In 2004 11:14 13 Going on 30 The A-Team Alone In The Dark Anaconda 2: The Black Orchid Angela Around the World in Eighty Days Back In The Day Be Cool Beauty Shop The Best Two Years Beyond the Sea Birth The Blackout Murders Blind Horizon Blueberry Bobby Jones - Stroke of Genius Boogeyman Borgia Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason Brothers Grimm Bukowski: Born into This Cellular The Clearing Coffee and Cigarettes Collateral Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen The Cookout Crimson Rivers 2: Angels of the Apocalypse The Crow: Wicked Prayer Danny The Dog Delgo Deuce Bigalow: Electric Gigolo A Different Loyalty A Dirty Shame Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story The Door in the Floor Dream Warrior Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Exorcist: The Beginning Farenheit 911 The Final Cut First Daughter Friday Night Lights The Gathering George and the Dragon Ghost Rider The Great Raid A Hairy Tale Head in the Clouds The Home Teachers I'll Be There Intermission Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road It's All About Love Kinsey Ladder 49 The Ladykillers The Last Road Trip The Life Aquatic Lil' Pimp The Machinist Madison Marlowe Mr. 3000 National Treasure Natural City Nocturna Obsessed Providence Raising Helen Rocky VI The Rum Diaries Sahara Samsara The Seat Filler Seriously Dude, Where's My Car? Shaun of the Dead Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Sleepover A Slipping Down Life Son Of The Mask Stage Beauty Starship Troopers 2 Stay The Stepford Wives Strange Bedfellows Suspect Zero Swimming Upstream Switchblade Romance Synergy Thunderstruck To Kill A King The Touch Tripoli The Ugly Americans Undertow Warriors of Heaven and Earth Who's Your Daddy? Wicker Park Without a Paddle The Woods The World Of Tomorrow xXx 2 Hope this helps!

#10 of 65 OFFLINE   Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron

Screenwriter

• 2,541 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 12:15 PM

Barbershop 2: Back In Business
Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London
Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed
House Of 1000 Corpses 2
Mission: Impossible 3
The Ring 2

I think there is a trend here... Posted Image

#11 of 65 OFFLINE   Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers

Producer

• 3,481 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 12:22 PM

Mission Impossible 3 is due in 2005. If the second installment is anything like the first of House of 1000 Corpses the film deserves to be pissed on, burnt then buried, never to be shown to the public.
Top 10 Film Lists: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Film Lists: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

#12 of 65 OFFLINE   Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron

Screenwriter

• 2,541 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 12:29 PM

Replace it with Anaconda 2: The Black Orchid then.

#13 of 65 OFFLINE   ErikG

ErikG

Screenwriter

• 2,545 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 01:30 PM

Starsky & Hutch
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
The Crow: Wicked Prayer
Rocky VI
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights

No shirt
No shoes
NOO dice!

#14 of 65 OFFLINE   MartinTeller

MartinTeller

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 01:32 PM

This cannot be....

Deuce Bigalow: Electric Gigolo

#15 of 65 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 01:34 PM

We need three more...

#16 of 65 OFFLINE   Roger Rollins

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 04:13 PM

They couldn't possibly be serious...ROCKY VI? This is a joke, right?

#17 of 65 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,698 posts

Posted January 23 2004 - 01:38 AM

Sky Captain
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#18 of 65 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted January 23 2004 - 01:56 AM

I went ahead and finished the list so we could get started.

Up first, we the sequels to a couple of decent, if forgettable comedies. I think both of these will sink fast, especially TWTY. Feel free to throw out your like comments!

Round 1 - Bracket 1

Meet the Fockers

vs.

The Whole Ten Yards

#19 of 65 OFFLINE   Jay E

Jay E

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted January 23 2004 - 03:37 AM

The Whole Ten Yards

#20 of 65 OFFLINE   Angelo.M

Angelo.M

Producer

• 4,007 posts

Posted January 23 2004 - 03:45 AM

Abstain. I think that neither will flop; in fact, I think Fockers will be a respectable hit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users