Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Screen capture software recommendations

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Stephen_L

Supporting Actor

• 534 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 05:08 AM

I enjoy making screen caps of DVD images on my computer to make screensavers, alternate DVD covers and the like. I had been using an old version of WinDVD but that has ceased working. WinDVD now offers a Platinum DVD player with capture capability. Is that software worth the price? Are there better DVD capture programs someone might recommend? I'm not looking into copyright violation, or selling copyright materials; I just want to snag some pics for my personal use.
"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost."

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   StevenFC

Second Unit

• 481 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 09:17 AM

Well, hopefully you can get your WinDVD to work again--because that's what I recommend. My version is 2.1 and it works great. It's the version that came with my DVD-rom drive. I use it for my screen captures like the one of Eleanor and Fred that you see below. I wouldn't recommend upgrading until you've exhausted all attempts to fix your current version. Especially if the reason to do so is to make screen captures. I wouldn't say it's worth the price. But if you've got the money to burn, I guess it doesn't matter. But to me that's 4 or 5 DVDs I could be buying with that money. Good Luck.
Steve's DVDs

The spammers motto: I stink, therefore I spam.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   TheBat

• 3,072 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 11:46 AM

I prefer powerdvd myself..look up cyberlink and powerdvd. should find the site easily. JACOB

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 04:36 PM

Any recomendations for MAC users?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Pascal A

Pascal A

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 23 2004 - 01:23 AM

Snapz Pro is the only one I know of that works for mac, but requires running in OS X. A scaled down version was shipped with my Powerbook G4 about a year and a half ago, so I don't know if the new systems are still shipping with it.
Strictly Film School , Senses of Cinema, YMDb Top 20

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users