What's new

New Sirius Programming? (1 Viewer)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Chalk this up to curiosity, but to all of you Sirius subscribers how do you feel about the changes that were made on Monday? There was a lot of talk building up to it and so far nobody has commented on this forum about it, or are you all too busy listening to the great new programming to be on the boards? I was just wondering if it is now on the same level, or exceeds, XM's programming? Or if you could start again, with all things being commercial free, would you still pick Sirius?

Just want to know what I am missing. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
As I've often stated, 99% of the time, I listen to talk.. but, that having been said, I do hang out on a few other channels now and again.. the changes within the urban/rap channels are all very positive.

Wax was a channel that I had no idea what it played as it seemed to mirror the other channels frequently; now it's very different, exclusively alternative mixes/street mixes of current releases done by different local DJs, and has a nice feel to it.

There is still the some overlap on those networks (which I happen to like) where very popular songs will appear on "Hot Jamz" and "Hip-Hop" (though not at the same time)

The Childrens programming network is changed.. slightly, though they play a broader range of stuff, I'm really unsure of if I like that much of it is stuff that I have less interest in my kids hearing, and I preferred knowing that I could count on hearing the wiggles/elmo/etc. at least once an hour before, now I get stuff my kids have never heard (and thus, have no interest in) I understand the argument against repitition, but if you've got toddlers, they really don't care (hell, my four year old has watched Disney's "Treasure Planet" 12 times in four days, and still asks to see it again)

This weekend we drive to St. Louis, which is a 6 hour drive, and a good test of how this will work, as my wife is a decades listener (80s and 1st wave) we'll see what she thinks :)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Well, since the change (Jan. 19), I've only listened to the Chill station, which is 64 I think. I absolutely love the music played. Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the other changes, but I hope they've gotten rid of all the damn repitition.

David-S

Second Unit
I personally really like faction ("urban rock and rap") or whatever they call it...

Sirius Disorder is a neat eclectic mix too...

(Since none of "my" streams were taken away, I see the changes as positive)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Good news, guys! I am glad its working out. I prefer Sirius's hardware, but I think I am staying put. All I want is for there to be two competing formats. I subscribe to Directv just because I can't stand the monopolistic practices of cable. Congratulations on getting some changes made, and thanks for the replies.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I am really impressed with the extent their Broadway has (IMHO) improved. I realize some of the changes will be taken very negatively, but a lot more "off-broadway" productions are getting voice (Little Shop of Horrors; AvenueQ, etc.) which makes it a lot more entertaining for those of us who enjoy modern theater..

And for all my love of rap/urban/etc. it's always good to flip from Channel40 (Hip-Hop) to 38 (Folk) and go straight from a JayZ number that riffs about battling back to Simon & Garfunkel performing 'The Boxer' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks