Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jamo vs Polk Audio vs JBL

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Burki

Burki

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 12:57 AM

For my future receiver ( Onkyo TX-SR601E ) i want to buy the best match pair speaker. I have listened Jamo with it but it was not x550. But it was nice. If you have any experience with these products or brands please write. And for you what can be the best match to Onkyo ?

Jamo X 550

Polk Audio R50

JBL E90

Thx from now...

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Thomas_A

Thomas_A

Second Unit

• 401 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 02:24 AM

While being a Polk fan... I'm not a fan of the RT50's. they seem to be lacking. Better off geting some RTi6's and some stands IMO...but thats personal taste

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Burki

Burki

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 07:33 AM

RTi6`s are more expensive than r50`s.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   MarkMaximus

MarkMaximus

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 07:52 AM

You should consider looking at the JBL Studio series. I have 2 S312's a S-Center, and 2 S-26's and couldn't be more happy with it powered with a HK AVR-525. Some dealers still have them, and there is a gentleman on here who talks non stop about the S series and how blind tests have shown them to be most liked, even over much more highly priced brands. I will edit my post and include his name if I find it. I have listened to the E90 series at BB and thought it was really good. I think the main difference is that the S series has a 1" titanium dome driver, while the E and N series have a 3/4 inch titanium dome driver, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. EDIT: Phil Iturralde <---- do a search for posts that he has made. He really knows what he is talking about.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Burki

Burki

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 12:12 PM

Im sure studio series have more sound quality than Northridge E series but their prices also are spicey as hell for me.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Lev-S

Lev-S

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 03:05 PM

I just did that and it sounds marvelous! The tweeters in the RTi line are much nicer than the R. Now to sell my R50s...
My DVDs

Homer: So, Mr. Malloy, it seems that the cat has been caught by the very person who was trying to catch him.
Skinner: How ironic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users