Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

RPTV Screen questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 05:31 AM

I have a Toshiba 57H82 HD-RPTV. I need to get the outer most screen replaced. I tried calling a few places but am not sure which part I need. I found a site selling three types of screen replacement parts for this HDTV.

SCREEN, FRENSNAL
SCREEN, LENTICULAR
SCREEN, PROTECTOR

I assume I need the PROTECTOR, but am not sure because someone I talked with on the phone seems to think I mean the LENTICULAR. I used to have a non HD RPTV for which I bought a seperate screen protector that attached via velcro. The person on the phone seems to think that's what I mean by protector.

What is the FRENSNAL?

Does anyone have a Toshiba HD-RPTV where they have replaced the outer most screen? How do I replace it without ruining the HDTV?
Jake

I am a producer of The Shark is Still Working: The Impact and Legacy of JAWS. Check it out here:
http://www.sharkisstillworking.com

#2 of 2 Bob Maged

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator

• 173 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 05:58 AM

The outer-most screen is the "protector". Many RPTV owners remove it permanently to reduce glare and improve overall picture quality. Why do you think you need to replace yours?