Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

RPTV Screen questions

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Jake Gove

Jake Gove

Second Unit

• 326 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 05:31 AM

I have a Toshiba 57H82 HD-RPTV. I need to get the outer most screen replaced. I tried calling a few places but am not sure which part I need. I found a site selling three types of screen replacement parts for this HDTV. SCREEN, FRENSNAL SCREEN, LENTICULAR SCREEN, PROTECTOR I assume I need the PROTECTOR, but am not sure because someone I talked with on the phone seems to think I mean the LENTICULAR. I used to have a non HD RPTV for which I bought a seperate screen protector that attached via velcro. The person on the phone seems to think that's what I mean by protector. What is the FRENSNAL? Does anyone have a Toshiba HD-RPTV where they have replaced the outer most screen? How do I replace it without ruining the HDTV?
Jake

I am a producer of The Shark is Still Working: The Impact and Legacy of JAWS. Check it out here:
http://www.sharkisstillworking.com

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Bob Maged

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator

• 173 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 05:58 AM

The outer-most screen is the "protector". Many RPTV owners remove it permanently to reduce glare and improve overall picture quality. Why do you think you need to replace yours?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users