Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Crazy people in Florida

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 of 32 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted January 20 2004 - 06:35 PM

Posted Image

#2 of 32 OFFLINE   Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter

• 1,224 posts

Posted January 20 2004 - 06:40 PM

I can't believe they bought a Compaq! Ugh! Posted Image Posted Image

#3 of 32 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted January 20 2004 - 06:47 PM

But if it comes with live tech support why the hell not?

#4 of 32 OFFLINE   Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

• 1,370 posts

Posted January 20 2004 - 07:05 PM

Did you say crazy or do you mean stupid (assume this idiot doesn't get hurt, the ticket the driver could of had could of been much higher than paying for it to be delivered, and why couldn't he call a friend with a van/truck/suv?)?

#5 of 32 OFFLINE   James E

James E

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted January 20 2004 - 07:22 PM

He's an environmentalistPosted Image
20 Movies i like .

"To thine own self be true. (If not that, at least make some money.)" - Fortune

#6 of 32 OFFLINE   John Nelson

John Nelson

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted January 20 2004 - 07:56 PM

Is that live tech support, or live-in tech support?
"The satellite landed in our home. Maybe this means we'll have good luck this year," Huo Jiyu, quoted after a Chinese satellite completely destroyed his apartment in the village of Penlai, Sichuan Province, China.

#7 of 32 OFFLINE   Bob Kavanaugh

Bob Kavanaugh

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 01:41 AM

"My friends call me Bungy"

#8 of 32 OFFLINE   Edwin-S

Edwin-S

Producer

• 5,726 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 02:08 AM

Makes me wonder how they can use a computer, when they don't even know how to use a piece of rope.

What is wrong with Compaq? I'm using a Compaq laptop as I write this. It seems to work fine. The one thing I don't like is that it seems to be a little slow on startup.
"You bring a horse for me?" "Looks like......looks like we're shy of one horse." "No.......You brought two too many."

#9 of 32 OFFLINE   AllanN

AllanN

Supporting Actor

• 952 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 02:15 AM

Quote:
and why couldn't he call a friend with a van/truck/suv?)?

Or a bungie cord!
“Aquaba is over there, it’s only a matter of going.” –Lawrence "I am not now, nor have I ever been a psychologist" -Mumford
"...you can't control who gets hit or who doesn't, who falls our of a chopper or why. It ain't up to you. Its just war." -Hoot
"Fear is the path to the dark...

#10 of 32 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Screenwriter

• 1,488 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted January 21 2004 - 02:30 AM

Living in South Florida, I see stupid stuff like that everyday. Must be the sun...

#11 of 32 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

Producer

• 3,817 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 05:19 AM

As we lease Compaqs here at the office... I'm trying to think of a good caption for this picture to send to my workmates.

#12 of 32 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,766 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 05:32 AM

And to think people were blaming the retired residents for all those chads.

#13 of 32 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 12:26 PM

What is wrong with Compaq? I'm using a Compaq laptop as I write this. It seems to work fine. The one thing I don't like is that it seems to be a little slow on startup.

Nothing's wrong with them. It's all marketing. Same reason why some people prefer Coke or Pepsi, McD's or BK, Jif Peanut Butter or Skippy. They are all basically the same but some people will love one and swear the other is horrible.

Don't let them know that the various PC manufacturers use many of the same exact parts. They might figure out that they all just caught up in the Matrix.Posted Image
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#14 of 32 OFFLINE   Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 01:43 PM

Quote:
Don't let them know that the various PC manufacturers use many of the same exact parts. They might figure out that they all just caught up in the Matrix.

Some people prefer to assemble their own PC and use top of the line components, thus ending up with something that IS measurably better than a plain vanilla box from Compq or Dell.

Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

#15 of 32 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 04:51 PM

Indeed.. all PSU's, ram, and motherboards aren't built the same. Same goes for HP, Compaq, Dell... They don't grab their parts all from the same source.

#16 of 32 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,672 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted January 21 2004 - 11:39 PM

I've opened up the Dell on my desktop and most certainly doesn't look like anything I would buy. I have an older EPoX AMD motherboard and components I chose myself. Looking at the Dell, the stinking Power Supply has EXACTLY the bare minimum for the number of components it has, which is one hard drive, one floppy, and one CD/DVD bay. Adding another CD drive requires either using a Y-splitter or buying another power supply. If I put mine together, I'm buying a real power supply with more leads on it.

That said, the average consumer who doesn't like to tinker, nothing's wrong with any store brand except perhaps if you don't buy it on sale.

Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#17 of 32 OFFLINE   Hunter P

Hunter P

Screenwriter

• 1,483 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 06:11 AM

Some people prefer to assemble their own PC and use top of the line components, thus ending up with something that IS measurably better than a plain vanilla box from Compq or Dell.

Homemade soup made from scratch "IS measurably better" than soup in a can but how many people make their own soup? All I'm saying is for the average consumer, they could take the Pepsi challenge and not tell the difference between a Dell, Gateway, Compaq, or whatever.

If you want to believe that you can tell the difference then OK. I'm not going to argue with you on what you prefer. Especially since this is not the subject of the thread. You have every right to prefer what you want to prefer.

I have a hard enough time as it is convincing my friend that an In-and-Out Burger is just another fast food burger and not some kind of ambrosia.Posted Image
GIR, UNLEASH THE MONKEY!
MONKEY!
"I am the Doctor of Death, and I have come to cure you of your life." --Endless Mike, The Adventures of Pete and Pete

#18 of 32 OFFLINE   Ricardo C

Ricardo C

Producer

• 5,060 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
If you want to believe that you can tell the difference then OK

I can't, really. Swap cases between a Compaq and a Dell, and I'll think they're both equally crappy Posted Image

My point was that whoever called the guy crazy for buying a Compaq was probably alluding to the fact that he could have done much better by building it himself, or having it built by a friend.

Man, an hour wasted on this sig! Thanks, Toshiba! :P

#19 of 32 OFFLINE   Eric_L

Eric_L

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 12:41 PM

"In a radical attempt to undercut rival DELL, Compaq has abandoned UPS for a lower cost delivery service."

There's your caption!

#20 of 32 OFFLINE   Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 03:45 PM

Why didn't they just take it out of the box and put the seperate components in the trunk and back seat?

Forum Nav Content I Follow