What's new

Ebert and Roeper's Worst 10 of 2003 (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Roger Ebert's Worst 10 of 2003

1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. The Life of David Gale
3. Boat Trip
4. Masked and Anonymous
5. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
6. Jeepers Creepers 2
7. Basic
8. Good Boy!
9. Bad Boys II
10. Cold Creek Manor

Richard Roeper's Worst 10 of 2003

1. Bad Boys II
2. Dreamcatcher
3. Gigli
4. Boat Trip
5. Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle
6. Good Boy!
7. Dumb and Dumberer
8. From Justin To Kelly
9. Just Married
10. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Mods, if this thread should be merged with another one, feel free to do so.

I agree with Bad Boys II, LXG, Dumb and Dumberer and Life of David Gale being there. I haven't seen any of the others nor do I plan to. I'll spare myself the torture. :)

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Life of David Gale
Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle

Those made my worst 10 list too. I fortunately have not seen any of the others.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting through Boat Trip. Someone should send a member of AMPAS out to Cuba Gooding's house to retrieve the Oscar. Charlie's Angels was moronic, but no worse than your average B fare; certainly, not up there with From Justin to Kelly, which doesn't even qaulify as a 'film' in my books.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I can only vouch for seeing Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. A friend of mine wanted to see it so I rented it. Despite the abundance of eye-candy, the movie was painful to watch. How does this dreck get green-lit?

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
I liked all of BBII except for the *very* South Park-esque morgue scene. It's disgusting enough in South Park when they use organs and such, but it was far far far worse live action. The bodies during the car chase was tiptoed over the line of UGH as well.

The rest was pretty funny and not bad at all though. Bay is good at what he does. It's just that it doesn't include much drama or romance. ;)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed BBII but it was one of those movies that made me happy I'm not a critic. The movie seemed to go out of its way to be so over-the-top, gruesome, and morally vacant that it was like daring the critics to give it a decent review. Unlike a movie like Life of David Gale, it seemed to say "yes we're awful and proud of it."

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Glad I'm not the only one who liked BBII. ;) Saw it just because I enjoyed the first one.

As for the rest of the list, I'm proud to say I haven't seen a single one of those titles. :)

Keith M.

Second Unit
I actually just watched David Gale, and thought it was a pretty powerful story. Not the best movie, but definetly not deserving of the worst.

I also just watched Dreamcatcher, and I must admit to liking the first 40mins of it. After that, typical stephen king snooze fest.

And I actually made the BIG mistake of picking up Dumb & Dumberer w/ the other two previously mentioned dvds from Hollywood Video 3/$30 sale. I couldnt even get through the first 20mins, I turned it off. This is definetly worthy of the title "worst movie ever made"

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I've seen 9 out of the 16 movies mentioned.

5 of those I'd put in the OK category:

Charlie's Angles
Jeepers Creepers
Bad Boys
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Just Married

2 in the rather mediocre/bad category

Basic
David Gale

and 2 in the awful category:

Leage of Extradordiary Gentlemen
Gigli

I guess neither one of these guys watched House of the Dead?

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
I've not seen a single one of those films in the E/R lists except LXG (and I rated it 70% (C-), just passably entertaining). Thankfully I was able to avoid all the other dreck.

Well, except one (that wasn't on E/R's lists): House of 1000 Corpses. Ugh, what a pathetic, wretched excuse of a film.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Well, the only one I've seen is Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle and it would definitely make my "worst" list. Just an awful movie all around.

Thankfully I've managed to avoid the rest of these.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, as expected, LXG is on the list. I don't think it is nearly that bad to deserve this. Mediocre, perhaps, but there is a good bit of good stuff in there. I certainly think it is better than "The Core", which didn't even appear in any of these lists...

Jason

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Watching this show, cemented my thoughts on something that I have seen develope over the last few months...

I think Roeper is now the more reliable of the two critics :eek:

Pete Guzzo

Grip
The worst movie I saw in a theater this year was easily The Cat In The Hat. Other bad ones include:

Kangaroo Jack
View From The Top
Jungle Book 2
Daredevil
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 2
Good Boy
Basic

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen several of the films mentioned, but some of the worst that I saw were

House of 1000 Corspes
View from the Top
CA2
Alex and Emma
The Core
Shanghai Nights (too dull for what it was supposed to be)
Just Married

I was one of the view that thought LXG had some decent moments despite the rather confused editing. I wouldn't quite recommend it but it wasn't the worst stuff I saw either.

I have avoided:
BB2
Boat Trip
Tomb Raider
Kang Jack
TCM
David Gale
Gigli
Basic
Justin to Kelly
Dumb and Dumb
Dreamcatcher
Good Boy
Jeep Creep

But if any of these are as bad as House of 1000 or View from the Top then I dread seeing them.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I would definitely put Charlie's Angels Full throttle on there and I really enjoyed the first C.A movie.
Here's a few others:

Daredevil
Underworld
Tomn Raider 2
Darkness Falls

I didnt think League of Extrodinary Gentlemen was that bad but after all the bad reviews I wasnt expecting much.

Havent seen Gigli or from Justin to Kelly or 2 Fast 2 Furious and probably never will. I'll trust the critics on these.

david stark

Second Unit
From those 2 lists I've seen (all at the cinema except charlies angels which was on ppv):

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Jeepers Creepers 2
Bad Boys II
Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle
Basic

I certainly wouldn't argue that any of them should not be there. For consideration for entry onto the list would have to be

Dare Devil - this may be due more to dissapointment factor than being truly bad, but it was way below average.

American Wedding - the same old jokes trotted out again.

thankfully I can't remember too many other really bad films this year

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks