Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pet Shop Boys "PopArt" DVD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,562 posts

Posted January 19 2004 - 11:21 AM

I ordered this from amazon.ca because it's not being released in the US. They are currently backordered and it looks like another two weeks before they may be able to ship it. Amazon.com is also backordered (they are importing the title from Canada). Has anyone seen this anywhere else? None of the B&M here have it, and Best Buy.com doesn't carry it. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   MartinTeller

MartinTeller

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 19 2004 - 11:25 AM

I've been waiting to find it somewhere, either in a store or an e-tailer who actually claims to have it in stock. It's seeming more and more like a mythical product.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,562 posts

Posted January 19 2004 - 11:33 AM

Here's the scoop on why it's so hard to find: Apparently in the early 90's PSB left EMI-USA and bounced around some small labels. In all other parts of the world, they have always been on EMI or Parlophone. I understand that there were licensing issues with some of the labels here that prevented a US release. The best we can get is the Canadian import (also region 1). If they had released it here, it would have only covered about half their career, which was not the point. Since they have not been popular here for years, there are tons of videos I have not seen, plus I hear the commentary tracks are great (Chris and Neil do them). If Anything somes up, please post it here! Eric

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,769 posts

Posted January 20 2004 - 05:23 AM

It's well worth seeking out. All the videos are there (plus the alternative and extended versions) and the commentary is wonderful.

You might try:

http://www.playusa.com

I've just checked and they are listing a R1 version of Popart in stock, and they advertise prices in US and Canadian dollars, so I assume they can sell to North America.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   MartinTeller

MartinTeller

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 20 2004 - 05:51 AM

Thanks, Andrew. A little on the pricey side, but at least it's free shipping. Time to retire those VHS tapes at last!

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,562 posts

Posted January 20 2004 - 10:28 AM

anyone ordered from this company? what was your experience?

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,769 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 05:43 AM

I can't speak for ordering in the USA, but play have always been extremely reliable when I've ordered from the UK. Over the last few years I must have ordered at least a couple of hundred items from them without any problem.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit

• 374 posts

Posted January 21 2004 - 11:13 PM

Got this for my xmas. I'm only really interested in the 85-90 videos to be honest but it is a fantastic collection. "Always On My Mind" and "Heart" are two of the best music videos ever made. Great fun. Posted Image Posted Image

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage

Second Unit

• 387 posts

Posted January 23 2004 - 06:37 AM

Amazon is also selling this DVD. That is where I got mine from. Laters, Jeff
...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users