Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Huge problem with my new Philips :-( help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   SebastianS

SebastianS

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 18 2004 - 08:34 AM

Hey all just thought I'd ask for some input on Philips, bought a 51pw9363 last week, no problems till today, the screen went black and now there is green splatter in the middle of the screen, still learning about this stuff but I know this is not good. I spent 1988.oo canadian plus tax . I think I am going to switch this out and was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions on what to get in that price range?? I didn't know much about philips when I bought this but from todays experience I am not impressed. Any input would help, thanks.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   John S

John S

Producer

• 5,460 posts

Posted January 19 2004 - 02:31 AM

Well, nearly any set can have a failure. This particular model does not seem to have a bad track record on failure in particular.

But if it is that new I would think you would have no problems going with a different set or even a direct replacement.

If this is all it will do on any input, is certainly does sound like you have had some sort of catastrophic failure.

Almost a blessing of sorts it happend sooner rather than later for sure.