Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Great Games for Cheap

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Alanna

Alanna

Second Unit

• 487 posts

Posted January 15 2004 - 03:16 AM

I recently was browsing around my local EBGames and Gamestop stores and was astounded by some of the gaming "deals" currently hot and going. Everyone probably knows about Beyond Good and Evil by now. Its a superb game, available for all consoles for just $20. Wow. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter I spotted and bought for $15 new at EB. Awesome deal on this one. On the used front, Soul Caliber 2, Xbox for $17.99 and Mark of Kri on PS2 $12.99. I almost bought Kri but I've racked up about fifteen games in the past month or so and its getting a little ridiculous. Just thought I'd pass on the prices for those interested in some gaming goodness.
Anime Collecting: Inu Yasha, Scrapped Princess

Last Purchases: Kaliedo Star Amazing Collection, Mezzo DC, Mezzo Thinpak, Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum thinpak, Inu Yasha S2, Angelic Layer, Super Gals! Ironclad Collection, My Dear Marie

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   DonRoeber

DonRoeber

Screenwriter

• 1,851 posts

Posted January 15 2004 - 05:59 AM

There is also a promotion running right now where you get Splinter Cell for free if you buy Prince of Persia. I'm trying to decide if I want to take advantage of that offer,or wait for PoP to be a greatest hits/platinum/players choice title. I don't care -that- much for Splinter Cell, and I've got a stack of games that I want to finish before starting another.
Luckily, right at that moment, an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof.

He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,109 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted January 15 2004 - 07:08 AM

Circuit City has the PS2 GH title "Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies" for $9.99 this week. I noticed that my local EB Games was having a buy two, get one free used game promotion, too. I used this to pick up Jak & Daxter 1, Ratchet & Clank 1, and LotR: The Two Towers for a total of $36 plus tax. Posted Image

Of course, it helps that I just got my PS2 for Christmas and the older games are mostly new to me. Posted Image

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Alanna

Alanna

Second Unit

• 487 posts

Posted January 15 2004 - 07:12 AM

I did the Prince of Persia/Splinter Cell deal just yesterday. Posted Image I already have SC but am going to use it trading towards a copy of Sonic Heroes at EB along with three other cruddy games I have (I think Fur Fighters will definitely be going - what a pile of poo).

I've seen Skygunner for $12.99 too used... should have picked it up but then again I've ALSO seen it for $14.99 new.
Anime Collecting: Inu Yasha, Scrapped Princess

Last Purchases: Kaliedo Star Amazing Collection, Mezzo DC, Mezzo Thinpak, Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum thinpak, Inu Yasha S2, Angelic Layer, Super Gals! Ironclad Collection, My Dear Marie

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Lee M T

Lee M T

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted January 15 2004 - 07:50 AM

Circuit City has a lot of great deals going on right now. Most of it is just until they run out of the games though. I just recently got Shinobi for $5, Clock Tower 3 for $10, and Ico for $15 on the Playstation 2. For the Gamecube I bought F-Zero for $24.99! They have other good deals too, like Contra: Shattered Solider for $5 as well, but my CC was sold out at the time.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   JamesH

JamesH

Supporting Actor

• 664 posts

Posted January 15 2004 - 12:39 PM

BOF V is also $5 at CC. CC is starting to actually go back in and raise the prices on their clearance deals though.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,840 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 26 2004 - 11:28 AM

I went to a few CCs around here last week, but didn't see anything at all worth picking up in the cheapie bin. Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 12:23 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: too many games, too little time. Posted Image
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   JamesH

JamesH

Supporting Actor

• 664 posts

Posted January 26 2004 - 09:04 PM

I got wipeout fusion, Giants: citizen kabuto, and Skygunner for around $21 shipped from EB after coupons. I think Giants won a lot of awards on the PC, so I thought it might be worth checking out. Got Stretch Panic for $5.00 at hastings......only game in the world that lets you pinch giant boobies with an elastic scarf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users