What's new

Quantum Leap (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Was watching the Quantum Leap chain reaction on Sci-Fi sunday and was remembering all the great episodes from this series.
Who has the rights? And who do we have to kill to start getting season box sets of this wonderful series?
With reruns on all the time and Bakula back in the spotlight on TV again, hopefully this wont be far behind.
------------------
card11.jpg

Gavin_L

Second Unit
i would love to see quantum leap on dvd, hopefully as dvd grows even more we will see more releases of tv shows on dvd

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
If you look around you can find the OOP pilot on DVD, I ordered it and the shipment got lost and that was the last one DVDEmpire had
frown.gif
, there are bound to copies out there somewhere

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Jeff- And that sucks. They also hold the rights to Sliders. WHY won't Universal do TV product like all other studios are doing?
frown.gif

------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They also own the rights to BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and Earth 2
I think it's because of their foreign distribution contract with Columbia which expires soon. After that's out of the way, I think we may see TV stuff

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I own both the Quantum Leap and Battlestar Galactica pilots.
6305186723.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00000IQW0.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yes, I too am hoping that Universal will start releasing in-episode-order releases of both of these, once they fully own the rights to each once more.
I'd buy both in a heartbeat.
QL might be caught up in a further deal: It was one of the titles they had licensed to Image, which was marked down to about $9.99-$14.99 early this year. I'd heard that Universal brought a lawsuit against Image for that markdown, for some reason I couldn't fathom. In any case, rumor from someone I'm connected with at the Universal distribution facility here in town is that those licensed titles can't be redone as SE's or otherwise brought back out until the legal situation is resolved. This includes Sixteen Candles and Flash Gordon as well.
Take all of that with a grain of salt; I do. While I think the world of my aquaintance, I just don't know why or how he would come into position of that kind of info. But, you know: loose lips... :)
For what it's worth, I've recently seen copies of the QL pilot at both my local Suncoast and my local Borders. $9.99 in both places. Good luck!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I understand that some sort of legal gridlock regarding the music rights is keeping most episodes off the market.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
In the better-late-than-never department, I, too would love to see Quantum Leap season boxes. Universal controls some great shows. They also have the A-Team and Airwolf, I believe. I would buy all sets of all three.
Before reading Carl's post, I thought about the abundance of music in QL, too. That seems to be a huge deal breaker with DVD. Too bad. It would seem beneficial to the rights holders to clear the use of the music, as it will in a lot of cases sell CDs, but I know there's a lot more to it than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks