What's new

Kids in the Hall DVD (1 Viewer)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Iv'e got it.

I have not really had a chance to check it out much, but I liked the menus and the video and sound looked great for it being older material. I would recommend it.

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the recommendation Justin.

BTW, did you order from Comedy Central or Broadway?

Luke Foust

Stunt Coordinator
I have this set and I think it is awesome! What a great show and it is cool to see the full un-edited shows. There are some skits that I did not see in the Broadcasts and the extras are pretty interesting. A must have for any KITH fan.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Any word on additional season sets yet? Or are they waiting to see how sales of the first one do? I don't really want to commit to getting this set until I'm confident that the rest of the series will be released too.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Haden, Broadway Video is seeing how the set sells, so by purchasing it you're helping to ensure season 2 is released. Not purchasing it now would be a bad thing.

When it comes to TV on DVD if you want the set you should buy it when it comes out. If enough people sit on the fence waiting for season 2, it won't come, but if those same people bought the first season it could be enough to have the second season released.

gord

Haden

Supporting Actor
True, but the limited distribution through ONLY Comedy Central's website and the Kids in the Hall site is not an encouraging sign. It shows that they don't have much faith in this set selling well to begin with, and would easily cancel any plans to do the rest of the series. I'd rather wait and see if/when this shows up in regular retail stores like every other normal TV box set before I buy season 1. Plus the price will be better.

George See

Second Unit
I've got it, I think it's a fantastic set I couldn't be happier. I really enjoyed the special features, and the un-edited episodes were great to see. The packaging felt a little cheap but looks nice none the less. I can't wait for season 2.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Haden, the set WILL show up in retail stores, don't worry. Think of this as an early way to get the set rather than having to wait for the actual release date of April 27th.

George, how do you feel the packaging is cheap? We looked into a digipak (the kind that folds out) but had concerns about the quality of that packaging. The 4 slim cases and slip case were decided upon because they're study, ship well and take up little space. This is the same type of packaging that Fox has switched to, and other A&E sets are being released in.

Gord

Matthew_Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Aah, I guess I have to wait until April before I can get this since none of those sources will ship to the UK. :frowning:

I can wait though, I loved this series. :D

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I wouldn't call it cheap -- I like slim cases a lot. However, from a design standpoint, the packaging is pretty fugly.

I still haven't gotten around to watching it yet, except for a sudden urge I had a couple weeks ago to see the "Salty Ham" sketch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks