Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Gargoyles: Season 1 news

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 03:25 AM

http://www.s8.org/ga...g/response.html
Quote:
tribe writes...
i have only one real important question...and that is, when will the entire gargoyles series (season 1,2&3) finally be available to purchase on DVD. and i'm hoping it's packed with extra goodies like possible drawing outtakes, behind the scenes, animation reels and much, much more?!?

Greg responds...

Season One is supposed to be released sometime in the fourth quarter of 2004. My guess is that other seasons will ONLY get a release if the sales on Season One merit that release.

Greg Weisman was the co-creator/co-producer of the show.

Hopefully, if this set does good then maybe not only will there be further seasons of it released, but we'll also get other animated classics in season box sets, like X-Men: TAS and such! Posted Image

Thanks to TVShowsondvd.com for alerting me to this wonderful news! Posted Image

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 05:20 AM

You're welcome! Posted Image

I'm pretty excited about it myself!!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,935 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 05:37 AM

Interesting site, Space Spawn and all the Gargoyle information. Wish they would not only release the first season and the best, it can be such a good continuing saga.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   JohnAP

JohnAP

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 08:52 AM

Yeah, I got real excited when I first read that quote a while back. This show is probably number one on my list of tv shows with no dvd release announcement yet. The old vhs releases were only selected season one episodes and I'm real excited about the possibility of season 2. Applause to Buena Vista if they really follow through and give us a good release. My hope is for an entire season release rather than just the Awakening episodes (which hopefully will have the scenes that they cut out of the vhs release). It's about time I got to replace my Toon Disney recordings.