Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

big time help needed with installing video card drivers, w/reward!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 ryan davis

ryan davis

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted January 13 2004 - 04:39 PM

I already posted this in another forum, but so far i have yet to get the problem solved. Here is basicaly the problems and the solutions I have tried. I am offering $15 via paypal to whomever can solve my problem.

I just got a 9700 AIW pro card, and have had problems installing the drivers. I am trying to install the catalyst 3.10 drivers, and I get an error message every time. I click on setup and it immediately fails. Installshield will try to boot up and i get an error message right away. I have tried the omega drivers as well and I get the same results. I got this card barebones so i am not instaling from a drivers cd.

I get this message:

error number: 0x80040707
description: dll function call crash: ISLAYER.ISLsATIcard

setup will now terminate

I am running a Dell 4550 with winxp.

i used driver cleaner to get rid of all of my previos Nvidia drivers, and then tried to install ATI's.

I tried installing the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility, and I still get nothing. I have also tried going with a lower driver update, nothing. I have the Intel® 845PE Chipset motherboard. I bought this card refurbished and i only have a few days to see if it works properly.

Thanks to anyone that wants to tackle this problem.

#2 of 5 James E

James E

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted January 13 2004 - 05:15 PM

give this a try:b

james

p.s. if it works keep your doughPosted Image
20 Movies i like .

"To thine own self be true. (If not that, at least make some money.)" - Fortune

#3 of 5 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 13 2004 - 05:22 PM

Ok, first..

while ATI says not, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage not installing straight off the disc first, because with an AIW that will get you mediacenter, etc. that you can then update to the newest version as well as tools you can't get elsewhere (like their DVD Player)

The reason you get this error: ISLAYER.ISLsATIcard is a directx9 error. MSDNs say you need to do this:

FIRST, install DirectX 9.0B (http://www.microsoft.com/directx/)

Reboot.
If you already have 9.0, go ahead and try the update anyway to make sure you don't have a previous 9.0 release (like a)

You need to also make sure you have the newest Intel drivers installed (http://www.intel.com/support)

Then install ATI drivers.

NOTE: the 845PE chipset is an AGP4X only chipset, so you won't be getting AGP8X out of your card. This is a minor issue, but if you are using Dell BIOS A01-A03 I believe, with this box, you are going to have a mess of trouble. If you are using BIOS A07, you're hosed off the bat. You need to immediately go to Dell's website and get the A08 BIOS for your PC.

Good luck! (save your money, btw Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#4 of 5 ryan davis

ryan davis

Stunt Coordinator

• 114 posts

Posted January 13 2004 - 06:45 PM

chris, thanks you soooo much. All I had to do was flash the bios to 8 and I was good to go. I spent over 12 hours troubleshooting this damn card, and it was something very simple that i overlooked (:B) I know that you said no money needed, but if you want, I can do it no problem. Thanks a million!

#5 of 5 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 02:06 AM

Hey, no problem Posted Image You know, helping the people on HTF is a lot better then working with our customers, so why not? Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07