What's new

Mopar power for the 21st Century! (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
It's illegal to post a car thread without any specs. :D

300C - $23k-$33k
2.7-Liter 24-Valve V6 - 200hp @ 5,800 / 190 tq @ 4,850
3.5-Liter 24-Valve V6 - 250hp @ 6,400 / 250tq @ 3,900
5.7L Multi-Displacement Hemispheric V8 - 345hp ?

Magnum - $??
Supercharged 5.7L Hemi V8 - 430hp and 480tq

I think the 300C looks Decent but the Magnum only has a good looking front. Any other view and it's reminiscent of a station wagon.

Shawn C

Screenwriter

It IS a station wagon! I don't care what they call it.

The Magnum is very cool! I love a big station wagon with a big V-8 under the hood. I would like to find an old Nomad to restore, but they are a little expensive.

I like the direction the American car companies are heading. More RWD, powerful cars. Just like an American car is supposed to be.

My favorite NEW cars (2004+)

Chevy:
Corvette. Wow
Cobalt looks nicely executed

Pontiac:
Solstice, Miata fighter!
G6 is pretty hot
GTO a little bland, but it has the moves.

Dodge:
SRT-10 500hp TRUCK?!
The 300 and Magnum

Ford:
New Mustang is retro-cool. Can't wait for the Cobra!
500 and Montego really aren't too bad!

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I too like the fact that the Magnum is a RWD Station Wagon. It's time for NA to get off the SUV track. If you really need the stowage of a larger vehicle, the wagon is the perfect fit.

BTW, the Magnum won't have the supercharged version of the engine found in the concept car shown last year. Still, it will be very impressive, with 340 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque. Identical 0-60 mph times of 6.3 seconds has been mentioned. What I find cool is this V8 will run itself as an I4 until demand is such that it needs both cylinder banks. Obviously not as efficient as a true I4, as the other cylinder bank will have some parasitic losses, but still pretty cool.

BTW, the specs quoted for the 300c are the same engine specs for the Magnum.

Cam S

Screenwriter
My god, that 300c is ASS! I hope they do a last minute rethink of the styling on the front end. It has the potential to be a decent vehicle.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Sorry these pics are sooooo big. I don't have a resizing tool. If someone can resize them I'll edit this post and put the smaller ones in if that's cool and all.

The Chrysler 4-12 KICKS ASS as well and was produced/engineered in less than a year. Rumor has it that this supercar will be the next Mclaren1....

The Crossfire convertible also KICKS ASS and is a beautiful car.

The PT Cruiser convertible is the worlds yes worlds lowest priced convertible in the world at 19k. Very stylish and affordable.

The Slingshot is also interesting:

The new Ram truck with the Viper engine was fabu and I also liked the new Jeep.

Of course some of you will say that I sound a bit bias when it comes to Chrysler products....

I am. ;)

I was fortunate enough to speak with Dieter Zetsche after attending the Chrysler Crossfire press conference in Detroit at the North American International Auto show.

Cars are my life! This year promises to be exciting for Chrysler.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
nope, I happen to like the big ass grill. It harkens back to the old 300 series machines.

Eve T, I have resized those images, where do you want me to send them?

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's me, but well-executed "ugly" cars (e.g. Mini, Element, the aforementioned 300C) are pretty cool. I don't know what it is, perhaps the uniqueness?

This, coming from a guy that drives a Honda Accord...:D

Seems to me V4 operation would be smarter than I4, WRT emissions. But, perhaps not.

I do know one thing- I'm all for the SUV -> Wagon trend, absolutely (I have an irrational hatred toward giant SUVs and their "excess is best"), but the manufacturers need to get the weight down on these things. The Pacifica, for instance, should NOT weigh 4500+ lbs.

Todd

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Lance, please send them to [email protected]

Thanks a bunch! I have one more to resize if you could help me. I'll send it in my email reply if that's okay.

Peace,
DG

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Eve, if you have any hi-rez pictures of the new Crossfire, I would love to see them as well. My wife loves the look of the hardtop, and she is a big fan of ragtops as well. May be a possible replacement for the old Neon...

The Slingshot needs to be built! From all I have heard it is "simply" a reskinned Smart roadster, and I have been waiting for those to hit NA. All the Smarts are perfect commuter cars, but the roadster sounds like lots of fun.

Mind you, they will have to pry my cold, dead fingers off the steering wheel of my GT Cruiser before I give it up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks