Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mopar power for the 21st Century!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted January 13 2004 - 12:28 PM

What can I say, but these two cars are going to kick ass!

300C
Posted Image

Click for the HUGE version

Dodge Magnum
Posted Image

Really big version

"Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it."

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted January 13 2004 - 12:36 PM

It's illegal to post a car thread without any specs. Posted Image

300C - $23k-$33k
2.7-Liter 24-Valve V6 - 200hp @ 5,800 / 190 tq @ 4,850
3.5-Liter 24-Valve V6 - 250hp @ 6,400 / 250tq @ 3,900
5.7L Multi-Displacement Hemispheric V8 - 345hp ?

Magnum - $??
Supercharged 5.7L Hemi V8 - 430hp and 480tq

I think the 300C looks Decent but the Magnum only has a good looking front. Any other view and it's reminiscent of a station wagon.

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   Shawn C

Shawn C

Screenwriter

• 1,434 posts

Posted January 13 2004 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
Any other view and it's reminiscent of a station wagon

It IS a station wagon! I don't care what they call it.

The Magnum is very cool! I love a big station wagon with a big V-8 under the hood. I would like to find an old Nomad to restore, but they are a little expensive.

I like the direction the American car companies are heading. More RWD, powerful cars. Just like an American car is supposed to be.

My favorite NEW cars (2004+)

Chevy:
Corvette. Wow
Cobalt looks nicely executed

Pontiac:
Solstice, Miata fighter!
G6 is pretty hot
GTO a little bland, but it has the moves.

Dodge:
SRT-10 500hp TRUCK?!
The 300 and Magnum

Ford:
New Mustang is retro-cool. Can't wait for the Cobra!
500 and Montego really aren't too bad!

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted January 13 2004 - 11:30 PM

I too like the fact that the Magnum is a RWD Station Wagon. It's time for NA to get off the SUV track. If you really need the stowage of a larger vehicle, the wagon is the perfect fit.

BTW, the Magnum won't have the supercharged version of the engine found in the concept car shown last year. Still, it will be very impressive, with 340 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque. Identical 0-60 mph times of 6.3 seconds has been mentioned. What I find cool is this V8 will run itself as an I4 until demand is such that it needs both cylinder banks. Obviously not as efficient as a true I4, as the other cylinder bank will have some parasitic losses, but still pretty cool.

BTW, the specs quoted for the 300c are the same engine specs for the Magnum.

"Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it."

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 01:12 AM

Am I the only one who finds the 300C ugly?
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   Danny Tse

Danny Tse

Producer

• 3,190 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 04:13 AM

You are not alone, Garrett. It looks like a Volvo 240 with a giant grill.
SACD not listed at sa-cd.net (updated 8/26/2009)

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   Cam S

Cam S

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 04:16 AM

My god, that 300c is ASS! I hope they do a last minute rethink of the styling on the front end. It has the potential to be a decent vehicle.
MOOOOOO

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   Tim Markley

Tim Markley

Screenwriter

• 1,279 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 05:40 AM

Quote:
Am I the only one who finds the 300C ugly?
Nope. I don't like it either. I really like the Magnum though. Posted Image

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   Eve T

Eve T

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 07:32 AM

Sorry these pics are sooooo big. I don't have a resizing tool. If someone can resize them I'll edit this post and put the smaller ones in if that's cool and all.

The Chrysler 4-12 KICKS ASS as well and was produced/engineered in less than a year. Rumor has it that this supercar will be the next Mclaren1....

The Crossfire convertible also KICKS ASS and is a beautiful car.

The PT Cruiser convertible is the worlds yes worlds lowest priced convertible in the world at 19k. Very stylish and affordable.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Slingshot is also interesting:
Posted Image

The new Ram truck with the Viper engine was fabu and I also liked the new Jeep.

Of course some of you will say that I sound a bit bias when it comes to Chrysler products....

I am. Posted Image

I was fortunate enough to speak with Dieter Zetsche after attending the Chrysler Crossfire press conference in Detroit at the North American International Auto show.

Cars are my life! This year promises to be exciting for Chrysler.

#10 of 15 OFFLINE   Shawn C

Shawn C

Screenwriter

• 1,434 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 08:44 AM

Using my limited photo editing skills, I did a little grill reduction on the 300C:

Posted Image

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 11:10 AM

nope, I happen to like the big ass grill. It harkens back to the old 300 series machines.

Eve T, I have resized those images, where do you want me to send them?

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard

Screenwriter

• 2,314 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 12:21 PM

Maybe it's me, but well-executed "ugly" cars (e.g. Mini, Element, the aforementioned 300C) are pretty cool. I don't know what it is, perhaps the uniqueness?

This, coming from a guy that drives a Honda Accord...Posted Image

Seems to me V4 operation would be smarter than I4, WRT emissions. But, perhaps not.

I do know one thing- I'm all for the SUV -> Wagon trend, absolutely (I have an irrational hatred toward giant SUVs and their "excess is best"), but the manufacturers need to get the weight down on these things. The Pacifica, for instance, should NOT weigh 4500+ lbs.

Todd
I love to singa, about the moon-a, and the june-a, and the springa...
-Owl Jolson

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   Eve T

Eve T

Supporting Actor

• 620 posts

Posted January 14 2004 - 01:52 PM

Lance, please send them to DartGirl1972@aol.com

Thanks a bunch! I have one more to resize if you could help me. I'll send it in my email reply if that's okay.

Peace,
DG

#14 of 15 OFFLINE   Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted January 15 2004 - 12:00 AM

Eve, they are on the way. Forgot to check the posts last night after Angel...

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted January 15 2004 - 01:38 AM

Eve, if you have any hi-rez pictures of the new Crossfire, I would love to see them as well. My wife loves the look of the hardtop, and she is a big fan of ragtops as well. May be a possible replacement for the old Neon...

The Slingshot needs to be built! From all I have heard it is "simply" a reskinned Smart roadster, and I have been waiting for those to hit NA. All the Smarts are perfect commuter cars, but the roadster sounds like lots of fun.

Mind you, they will have to pry my cold, dead fingers off the steering wheel of my GT Cruiser before I give it up Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow