What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season One (1 Viewer)

Pete D

Agent
Anyone buy Season One on DVD? I just picked it up but haven't been able to watch it. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!!

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
The commentary on the first episode is really great as you can sense that Larry didn't really want to be there as he doesn't say much. The others all have some good things to say about the episode. I must agree the way the dvd's are packaged is very nice.

Eric R C

Agent
I disagree the packaging is so asinine. It is like a childrens pop-up book being held together by cellophane. I partially tore the packaging trying to figure the damn thing out.

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
After my inital reaction to the way the case is I started to think about how over time it could end up falling apart. Besides the case I wish they would have added another commentary or two.

KevA

Stunt Coordinator
I think the package design (both visually and the way it opens) is fantastic. Also, they did a great job on the menus.

And the show itself?: What can you say that hasn't been said before?: It's brilliant and it's hysterical and it's great to have the first season on DVD.

Skippy

Stunt Coordinator
just got the set tonight. haven't watched it yet, but reading this thread got me curious about the packaging. I LOVE IT!!! it's so freakin' cool!!! i can also see how it may break down over time. especially since i can't stop playing with it. :b

can't wait until i can sit down and watch the shows themselves. awesome series!!!

Stas T

Stunt Coordinator
Re: the "Curb" packaging? To paraphrase Comic Book Guy from "The Simpsons," "worst packaging ever."

Not only is two-disc insert difficult to remove from the slip cover (almost had to use pliers), but the sliding dual-disk holder has all the finesse and functionality of a two-legged chair.

Unique, yes, but also clumsy, ill-conceived, operationally-awkward, and needlessly complicated. It makes Fox's unwieldy "Alien Quadrilogy" 9-panel fold-out seem delightfully simple by comparison. One almost longs for the Halcyon days of the dreaded snapper rather than this wretched invention.

I'd have preferred virtually any other packaging -- double Alpha, slim-line double Amaray (a la the Star Wars and recent Pixar films), or the comparatively elegant three-panel fold-out Fox used for the two-disc "Fight Club." Even two thinpack cases.

I hope this packaging dies a quick market death, preferably before the release of "Curb" season two. In the meantime, I'm transferring my "Curb" discs to slim CD jewel cases, so as not to waste time trying to extract them from their original, impossible-to-use package whenever I want to watch the show.

Gabe Oppenheim

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any idea how to put the packaging back together once it has fallen apart? Mine did, and I can't seem to get it back in properly. The thing is a damned logic puzzle masquerading as a DVD box.:angry:

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
I love the Packaging. All you gotta do is pull ilke it says. This has my award for best design of 2004.

Ben Phillips

Stunt Coordinator
The great thing about the packaging is, it makes me think about the show. I can only imagine what would happen if Larry David had to contend with this DVD package on an episode of "Curb".

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Put me down as one who will be switching out the case. I almost had a Larry David moment in my frustration of trying to figure out what I had in my hands.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I like the packaging-- too bad they had to stick the ugly security sticker underneath the clear plastic tray.

I hate that!

R. Kay

Second Unit
I heard Richard Lewis jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge after he couldnt open the dvd.

He's so sensitive.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I did not have a problem at all with the packaging. Mine slid out smooth and easy. I hope they keep up the unique package with more releases.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
LOL, the packaging is so fitting with the show... it's great! :)

"I've got like a 5 inch flap here!"

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt

I did the same thing and had 2 DVDs in mine!

I can't understand how anyone can "ruin it" and open it incorrectly...It says pull, you pull. What were some of your other ideas on how to open it? I'm really interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks