What's new

OZ Season 3? (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
For Christmas I bought my brother-in-law the first and second seasons of the HBO prison drama, OZ. Since we were visiting captives for the holidays, my fiancee and I watched both seasons with him, and quickly got hooked.

I understand this series is no longer aired. Any word on when the rest of the seasons might be released to DVD?

Also, does anyone know how many seasons there were...?

Thanks!

Nkosi

Stunt Coordinator
According to the series creator's website, Season 4 is supposedly coming out Oct. 5, 2004.

Oz really laid the groundwork for such great HBO series as The Sopranos, The Wire, etc.

Although popular, it never garnered anywhere near the widespread adoration from fans and critics that such shows as The Sopranos and Sex in the City received. This was primarily due to the fact that it's a very mature and intense show that most people frankly just can't take/ stomach.

However, people in the industry respect the work, as evident by so many of the cast members going on to do such great work in projects ranging from The Sopranos to Spider-Man to The Matrix sequels to Off-Broadway plays and so on.

Years from now I believe Oz will get its due praise as the revolutionary and groundbreaking show it was. Unbelievable writing, acting, directing, and realism. I've talked to people who have worked in prison systems who feel Oz accurately portrayed life in prison.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Eh No, I loved OZ , well Seasons 1-3 at least, then it all got really silly with Aging Drug plotlines. But when it was good it was good. But as good as it was I lost interest in the series and never watched the final season. I don't know it it's the Brutality of the series or the fact that eventually you cared for no one, but I just gave up. In fact I have seaon one and it sits on my shelf unopened I have no desire to watch it again. Sopranos on the other hand I can watch seasons 1-3 a million times.

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator
Too bad, as the later seasons are pretty damn good, but if you're looking for happy endings, and sunny atmosphere, you'd best stay away from this series. I view the series as sort of an analogy to what the human race is. That circle of immorality, violence, corruption, self destruction, and unmitigated eviliness that will continue to boil over until the this world ends itself.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Fantastic series that, while it might have lost its way at a couple of points, seemed to have found it in the end. One of the only series that seemed to have the guts to make major changes seemingly at random. No characters were safe (Even the one person we thought they couldn't possibly kill was murdered). Overall a worthy purchase, and I'm hoping that if the Oct release for S4 is correct, that S5 and S6 follow in 2005.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Its one of those rare TV serise (that I know of) to stay fresh and entertaining throughout its whole run. There are few shows I can add to that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks