What's new

*** Official THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
saw this trailer before ROTK and it made me curious.
Kutcher looks like he actually gives a performance in the film and the premise and theme looks intriguing.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
The premise is intriguing, but from the trailers I have seen I have a feeling they will screw it up (and that has nothing to do with Kutcher being in the film). :frowning:

I recommend reading Ray Bradbury's short story "A Sound of Thunder".

I will definitely give this film a chance though.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
The trailer is misleading..

The premise is really interesting and only really hinted at in the trailer. It's a really solid movie (almost surprisingly so) and Kutcher actually does a good job in it.

I can't comment any further on any specifics but you should be plesantly surprised. I know I was.

Mark

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
This was one of my most anticipated films of last year until they delayed it till 2004. It'll be great to finally get to see this one. Hopefully the delays don't mean its been butchered.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Justin,

Butchered in what sense?. The final film is pretty violent and is "R" rated in the US.

It deals with some pretty dark subject matter yet at the same time has a strong message that despite the dark subject matter can be applied to every day life.

I really hope the film does well. I for one know I'll be seeing it again when it's released.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I am really looking forward to this, the premise is intriguing and the trailers have been good.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
They probably delayed it because they thought it would preform better at the box office in January.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member

Usually when films get pushed back, the films are tinkered with by the studio, thus turning them into royal messes. I'm not talking about violence, I'm talking about changing several things around entirely. Its happened several times in the past. Check out Supernova for just one of many examples. I've been waiting for this film for more than a little while, and was hoping it didn't suffer a similar fate. Your words are most reassuring.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Unless the trailer is wrong, the "butterfly effect", a theory that chaos is the M.O. of the universe, and a movie about a character who can only die, no matter what happens to prevent it.

Not only is the name of movie inappropriate, but isn't this just the first half of The Time Machine turned into a full-length movie?

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Thanks for posting that link Bill, gives a pretty good insight to what the Butterfly Effect means.

I look forward to the movie, the first trailer I was a bit undecided if I wanted to see it or not, but I'll give it a try.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
My friend was going to see it at Sundance before it opens so I am interested on his opinion.
The trailer looks great. I hope it's decent. I love Time travel kinda movies.

How did you see it Mark?

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Yeah I've actually seen the movie. Saw it last week.

I'm a critic so I get to see things early all the time. It also explains why I can't post a detailed review untill it opens. Don't want to upset the publicists that are nice enough to let me see things early.

Mark

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Anyone looking forward to this besides me?. At first I wasn't to sure about it since because of Ashton Kutcher but, I am a big fan of time travel movies So I will at least check it out. I was also looking on Upcoming Movies and Greg from the site had a chance to see the movie and he seemed to like it.

-Mike

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i just read Bikkits review of the film.
predictibly, they trash AKs performance.
one of the qualities of the trailer i found interesting was that it looked like AK would be able to handle the dramatic requirements of the material.
i'm not saying the reiviewer is wrong or biased, obviously because i haven't seen the film yet.

i just have a hard time with people dumping on an actor like AK while all the while Keanu Reeves, who has very very very little to offer as an actor besides his pretty mug, is consistently cast in top shelf, high profile productions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks