What's new

3805 Images (1 Viewer)

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Anyone know if it has 1 or 2 Component Video Outs? I need the 2 Componet Out feature and the only 2 Receivers that have this are the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver and the New Yamaha RX-Z9.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was interesting regarding the 5803:

Hmmm ... no replacement for the 5803 this go-around I guess.

Steve F M

Screenwriter
No it has 3 Component Video Ins. I'm looking for a receiver that has 2 Component Video Outs.

Mark All

Second Unit
Of particular interest, Denon has included a digital input on the 3805 so that one can hook up the Denon DVD-5900 DVD player directly with one cable for multichannel high resolution audio. I also like the new front panel SVHS and audio jacks. I have an AVR-3803 though and don't see enough here to justify getting an AVR-3805. The price of the DVD-5900 is too high--a $1999 DVD player feeding into a $1200 receiver? Maybe Denon will come out with a DVD player with the Denon digital link on it for less than the cost of the new receiver. Hoping.

David Judah

Screenwriter

While I applaud their efforts to include parametric EQ, it's kinda strange they don't include the set-up mic like their competitors do.

DJ

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
The Denon rep told me there will be a matching (same MSRP) "i" link player issued shortly after the receiver...

John

Neal_C

Second Unit
Denon rep told me there will be a lower priced (in relation to the 5900) dvd player with Denon link (or "i" link, however you like to call it) to be released in June/July time frame.

And by the way, they used the 3805 in their demo room at CES and the menu system was very deep and impressive. And you can do it on-screen OR on the front panel.

Neal

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like a Mr. Denon and a Ms. Marantz had a kid......but Mr. Denon is still a bit skeptical about Mr. Pioneer, the milkman.

Looks cool.

GregoriusM

Second Unit
Dang!

My 3300 is still doing well, put with PLIIx and the ROOM EQ, I don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Not to mention a number of other featurs that I would love.

BUT, not Dolby Headphone!

I was really hoping they would have it on this reciever.

Does anyone have Dolby Headphone? Is it all that (and a bag of chips?)

If it isn't all that amazing, maybe I won't worry.

Thanks.

Greg

GregoriusM

Second Unit
It will be a sad day when (if I ever) part with my stalwart Denon 3300.

But, I sure am getting the itch. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks