Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

speaker cable

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted January 10 2004 - 06:04 AM

All of us are interested about getting the most from our systems, cables are important, but, I found this cables and I think you gotta have golden ears to make it worth the investment

http://shopping.nets....t.A/id.1357/.f

this kind of sophistication would make a noticeable difference for us mortal with a normal hearing sense?
Eduardo Bonifaz

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Michael S

Michael S

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted January 10 2004 - 01:58 PM

EduardoBonifaz--it would take platinum ears or better to hear almost $20K worth of difference--it is difficult to imagine how a pair of speaker cables could cost as much or more than some people's entire HT or the cost of a medium-priced car.Posted Image

Michael S.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Topher

Topher

Stunt Coordinator

• 216 posts

Posted January 11 2004 - 02:24 AM

It's harder to believe that someone would actually buy them. Posted Image
I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted January 12 2004 - 02:09 AM

Actually I checked some audiophile sites (some serious vinyl fans), and an entry level set upo for vinyl listening costs a lot more money than an entry level HT, personally I´d never listened such a system, I wonder , what kind of sound can you get from a system where a turntable costs more tha your actual car?
Eduardo Bonifaz

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Topher

Topher

Stunt Coordinator

• 216 posts

Posted January 12 2004 - 02:46 AM

I will never know.
I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted January 12 2004 - 03:27 AM

http://matthew-james.net/prices.cfm

and what about this amplifiers?

The most interesting fact is that If this companys already exists it´s because they sell their stuff!
Eduardo Bonifaz

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Chu Gai

Chu Gai

Lead Actor

• 7,270 posts

Posted January 12 2004 - 04:26 AM

When you enter into this realm, it's really not about performance anymore. It's about because you can. I don't begrudge anyone because they've got lots of disposable income. Well if they're a prick I do. But really, as your income goes up you tend to indulge yourself and you really don't care if that Aston Martin guzzles gas or if a Ferrari is not as reliable as say a Toyota. That's not what it's about. Lot's of us, regardless of how much or how little we make buy things for a variety of reasons and although a set of Corningware would be more than adequate to eat upon, we buy according to our own peculiar tastes. My main issues with places like AudioQuest is that their claims of audible superiority can't be verified scientifically to be true. That and they speculate like some functionally illiterate person who got their science training on Pet Detective about matters that aren't true. Don't get me started on alternative medicine now! Lots of people are into appearances for appearances sake. I've been to a few car shows and people like to dress those vehicles up. Quite frankly I'm impressed by how nice they can make the inside of the engine compartment look and if that's what floats your boat, more power to you. Heck one of my son's and my favorite shows on TV is the one that has to do with the father/son team that designs custom choppers. I'm totally blown away by what they can do and at their artistry. OTOH, they don't make claims that their products perform with great superiority. But they're cool.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   EduardoBonifaz

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted January 12 2004 - 04:39 AM

Your very right Chu, when the sponsors of this kind of products make claims about the quality of such expensive items they talk about "sound warmth, imaging, clarity, musicality2, nothing that we can meassure in any reproducible experiment, I´ll keep my Radioshack speaker cable,anyway...Posted Image
Eduardo Bonifaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users